Previews & Trailers & Sneak Peeks, Oh My!

That brings up the question, when will MST3K finally riff an Uwe Boll movie?

3 Likes

Has he ever made a movie that isn’t a hard-R for violence and/or language?

2 Likes

Not counting the straight to streaming movies that never got a rating at all?

I am pretty sure In the Name of the King was PG-13…

That’s all I got.

2 Likes

The ones that I checked on IMDB had all kinds of parental warnings about F-bombs.

I thought I checked this one and was surprised to see it [R] but you’re right, it is PG-13. (Maybe I confused it with Far Cry?) Anyway, let’s see what the advisory is…

• Film opens with giant makeout scene.
  • Several scenes of kissing which then implies sex.
  • The king has a irresponsible, immoral and immature nephew who in one scene is caught “amusing” himself on the king’s throne with a woman who is sitting on his lap. He is accusing her of being “a naughty girl”.
  • A woman is shown sitting in bed with a revealing shirt. The side of her breast is visible.

So…maybe Deathstalker level? Could be.

It’s one of his better movies, apparently? :laughing:

2 Likes

Apparently the sequel was rated R. Until today I did not even know there was a sequel.

It garnered 3.8 stars out of 10 on IMDB, which nearly matches the Rotten Tomatoes rating (4% fresh), so better than most of his efforts.

1 Like
1 Like

That is one of the most bipolar trailers I have ever had the misfortune to watch.

I’m so sorry to have done this to you.

Not to get all mathy on you but I think 3.8 out of 10 would map closer to 40% than 4%.

But these scoring systems aren’t really fungible.

I was just noting it was ranked 11th on his IMDB ratings. Though the 3s are his “middle tier”, heh.

I actually thought Blackwoods—before anyone knew who Boll was—was pretty okay. Derivative as hell but good atmosphere.

2 Likes

If it’s your third birdemic and you’re still fighting them with coat hangers… that’s on you.

4 Likes

Math is hard!

That’s the angle I was taking with the bad math comparison, but not every joke lands.

2 Likes

It’s all in the…

…TI

…MING!

2 Likes

So the full list is out!

2 Likes
1 Like

Well that’s a surprise…

2 Likes

Returning to theaters to ramp up the hype machine for the first sequel…

1 Like
2 Likes

For the folks that were curious what he looks like in action.

More of Honest John this time around, too.

1 Like

The time could have been right for it.

But it looks to be a retread of all of the Dead by Daylights, VHSes. Deceits, and White Noises out there. The asymmetrical multiplayer thing is crowded.

If it was in line with something like Destroy All Humans! in an open “Crescent Cove”… that woulda been pretty sweet.

2 Likes

At least it won’t have to deal with the copyright shenanigans the Friday the 13th game did.

2 Likes

Also, a new trailer for Eiyuden Chronicle, the spiritual successor to Suikoden.

1 Like