Puck Fever

Boston is going to be the team to beat. They had an amazing regular season. I think they only lost, what, 12 games?

1 Like

Ive never really watched hockey before. Are the Seattle kraken doing well? Last year I took a trip to Seattle and bought a kraken shirt because it looked neat and I like the color scheme. I don’t know anything about hockey. While in Las Vegas a week or so ago I wore it one day and had alot of people come up to me and be all like, woooo kraken! And then they’d ask me if I thought they would be making the playoffs. I just had to be all awkward and say like, oohhh heck yea mannnn wooooooo…

1 Like

The Kraken are an expansion team. They are only in their second season and made the playoffs, so yeah, they are on fire this year. it’s the name I just can’t take seriously. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Game Two in Denver.

Avs dropped the first game 3-1, mostly due to some sloppy defence. Here’s hoping they pull it together for game 2. (Maybe not the way Dallas roared back against Minnesota, but, you know, something like that)

2 Likes

Avs now have a 2-1 series lead against the … Kraken.

It has been a lot of fun watching this series. Both teams are well-matched for style and give it up for the goalies! Both have made some seemingly impossible saves keeping both teams in the running.

2 Likes

Hmm so things are getting a bit interesting.

Dallas and Las Vegas (still have a hard time wrapping my head around Las Vegas having a hockey team) have secured next-round status.

Avs will play a game 7 on Sunday. (Come on guys we can do this!!!)

Interestingly Boston has also gone to a game 7 against the Panthers. If Boston gets eliminated, it’s going to be exciting to see who fills the gap.

1 Like

BYE BYE BOSTON!!!

ice hockey fl panthers GIF by NHL

1 Like

Just saw that.

Wow!

1 Like

Welp. Boston is now in good company. The Avs dropped game 7 to the Kraken.

An off-side goal called back and a blatant tripping on Makar that wasn’t called were the deciding factors.

Ouch.

1 Like

Release the Kraken! Okay, I have a bit of puck fever (gotta support the home team).

While the name is a little funny, the mythical Kraken themselves are fierce and no laughing matter. So, yay Seattle for being fierce (earlier our XFL team broke my heart in their playoff loss, so this makes up for it)

In tribute I watched Monstrum on PBS, the chapter about the Kraken. It was pretty cool

BTW I don’t know enough about the sport or the team to know if they are serious contenders - but they beat the defending champs and that’s something to be proud of. Now, the Stars.

1 Like

Game 7 was tonight Rangers. Would have been nice if anyone had shown up besides Igor.

1 Like

It’s a sad day for the Krakheads (but seriously, what do Kraken fans call themselves?)

To restate, I don’t know enough about the sport, but they’re the home team so I had my eye on them. And the state was all a buzz. We fought hard, we came close, but the dream is over.

1 Like

Probably they are exhausted. Taking every series to seven games is not the best plan.

1 Like

Vegas/Florida for the SCF. Go Cats!!

2 Likes

So Florida and Nevada will be playing for the Stanley Cup.

Teams from the southeast swampland and the scorching desert. Who have never seen snow much less ice.

Are playing in the hockey championship …

Huh.

Not sure who I want to root for in the series.

2 Likes

Cool, so a first time Cup winner is guaranteed. I’m a cat fancier, and I like their logo, so, go Cats, go!

3 Likes

As good a reason as any! They played some great games against Carolina.

3 Likes

Yeah, Carolina seemed a force going into that series, so that was an impressive win (to my untrained eye)

1 Like

The Panthers were on a serious run. My only fear is that their 10 days off before the start of the Final on Saturday will have a negative impact on that.

Also, #EffVegas

2 Likes

So we’re agreed, we’re all rooting for Florida?

Done!

And yeah, that much time off is a blessing and a curse.

2 Likes