Puck Fever

Yes.

And BTW Avs leading 4-1 at the end of the second period.

And Dillon is out with a sliced arm after that fight on Friday. Losing their cool really has not helped the Jets

1 Like

Thats cool. My parents are in Denver…Mom loves hockey…she may be watching that game! Kings fan myself, but I’ve been a Broncos fan for 46 years and counting! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Man the Broncos are making it tough to be a fan these days.

Avs and Nuggets are starting to eclipse the Broncos in popularity here.

1 Like

Avs up by three goals. 2 minutes left. Jets pull goalie. The only thing that Avs are worried about is getting Valeri Nuchkin his first-ever hat trick. :slight_smile:

Like two other guys could have scored on the empty net but they kept passing the puck to Nuchkin trying to get him the goal. 12 seconds left, he finally got it.

1 Like

Rangers could advance tonight. But I’m not going to jinx it by using the S-word.

Not so fun fact: The last time the Rangers had a 3-0 lead in a series was 17 years ago. Round one 2007 against the Thrashers.

1 Like

Yup…QB insanity again for the Broncos. They go thru QBs like a baby goes thru diapers! :unamused: And Payton blows up the team! :slightly_frowning_face:

Being a Lakers fan…your Nuggets AGGRAVATE me!

1 Like

:grin:

:innocent:

Not much of a basketball fan so …

1 Like

Rangers with the sweep. First into the playoffs, first to advance. Bye bye, Washington!!

1 Like

With the Kraken out of the playoffs I haven’t paid to close attention to it this season, but my old hometown Preds are there (but look to be eliminated soon). And I did develop an affection for the Panthers during last season’s Stanley Cup run, so I was happy to see them advance to the second round.

Guess I’ll say it again, 'go cats, go!"

But they’re still making news by firing Hakstol

1 Like

Avs are back in Winnipeg for game five tonight. Avs could take the series with a win.

1 Like

Woot!

Avs take the series with a 6-3 win in Winnipeg.

Now we wait to see if we play the Knights or the Stars.

1 Like

You know what day it is?

2 Likes

So glad Vegas is eliminated. Quickly becoming my most hated WC team.

I went 3/8 in Round 1: Rangers, Stars, Oilers.

My predix for R2:
Rangers
Stars
Oilers
Florida

1 Like

as I mentioned when people were posting brackets, I think the Avs will take the Stars, but it will go seven games.

The tricky thing for is is we’ve been off for almost a week now. Great for getting guys healed up, bad for keeping the momentum going. On the other hand, Dallas is going to come in tired so maybe it will even out.

I suppose since Dallas was the division champions, it’s going to be yet another series where the announcers are all ra-ra for Dallas and only occasionally remember we’re playing too.

And yeah, Golden Knights and Kraken are two teams that just bug me.

1 Like

Avs/Stars tied at 3 after regulation.

I knew this was going to be a tough series.

EDIT: 4-3 Avs take game 1!!!

What I game, I thought for sure this was going to be a repeat of game 1 in Winnipeg, but we didn’t lose our cool this time. Stayed disciplined and came back from being down 3-0 after the first.

1 Like

After a lackluster game 4 (understandable considering the bombshells that were dropped an hour before the game started), the Avs roared back in game five to win 5-2. Back to Denver for Game 6 on Friday (which I won’t be able to watch due to a prior commitment) I knew this series was going to be tight. Dallas is a good team.

I just wish the national announcers would remember there are two teams playing. For the second series in a row, the announcers have made it pretty clear they are rooting for Dallas (or Winnipeg), and the Avs are just a bump on their road to greatness.

1 Like

Rangers with 4 goals in the third period (including a natural hat trick by Chris Kreider), to win 5-3 and send the Hurricanes to the golf course.

1 Like

Well, poopie.

Game 6 went into double overtime, but alas it was not to be. The Avalanche season is over. We went farther than we did last year. Hopefully, this doesn’t mean MacKinnon and Makar are out of the running for trophies, as both had friggin’ amazing seasons and should be recognised for that.

1 Like

Trophies are already decided. They are based on regular season play. When they announce the “finalists”, that’s really just the top 3 vote getters.

1 Like