Puck Fever

OMG

Yeah Florida went to the Finals last years, but I really thought this was the Rangers year.

Wow.

1 Like

Play La Bamba Baby!

Oilers are going to the finals!!

WOOH
edmonton oilers hockey GIF by NHL

2 Likes

OILERS WON GAME 4!!!

We’re still innit baybee

1 Like

Not only did they win it. They dominated it.

Florida apparently thought they had the series in the bag and completely forgot to show up. I’m not sure how many teams have come back down 3-0 in the Cup series, but wow what a game. Too bad they couldn’t save some of those goals for the next one.

2 Likes

The Celtics did the same thing in their game 4, just failed to show up - so no sweep for the NBA or NHL, buuut unless a miracle happens, it would be nicer for the fans (and probably the team) if they win it at home.

I’m rooting for the kitties here, so onward to Tuesday.

In the Cup final, only one team has come back from 0-3 to win the trophy - the 1942 Maple Leafs.

Three other teams have come back to win in earlier rounds.

2 Likes

OMG, Edmonton is one period away from tying the series and taking this to a game 7.

Might we see a repeat of 1942?

1 Like

Message to Florida coaching staff:

PULLING THE GOALIE ISN’T WORKING!!

Not one but two empty net goals in less than 30 seconds. Ouch.

1 Like

I was surprised they pulled him again after the first ENG.

I also thought it was funny that ABC kept showing the “If necessary” for game 7 when the Panthers were down by 3 and 4 goals with under 2 minutes remaining.

1 Like

Florida fans must be fuming. They thought they had this series wrapped up a week ago and now it’s all down to one game.

1 Like

The Panthers look like a defeated team.

My thinking was “whoever scores the first goal in this game is winning the Stanley Cup”. A champ in this situation would say, “enough is enough” and go on the road and just wail… but a chump crumbles, they can’t rise to the occasion.

They remind me of Greg Norman, hot out of the gate, but crashes and burns in the final round. I don’t think Florida has anything left… but I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

Edit, now I wish I’d have watched the MST ep with y’all, instead of wasting time with this and the Mariners game (they too lost)

1 Like

“Hey, I’ve seen this before.” - Calvin Klein

dmqdCWgbmjpC

1 Like

I don’t have any hard loyalties in hockey, so I generally root for the Canadian team over the U.S. team. If they’re both U.S. teams, I root for the one that isn’t a bandwagon team (like the Blackhawks or Penguins) or isn’t a new-ish team in the south (like Florida or Dallas).
If they’re both Canadian teams, I root against Montreal, Calgary or Toronto (in that order).

Assessing all that, in Game 7 I’m rooting for the Blue Jackets.

Just kidding, this is an easy one for me. I’m rooting for Edmonton.

1 Like

Agreed. They showed the Panthers bench last night in P3 before the ENGs and they all looked like they were about to lose game 7, not just blow another chamce to wrap it up.

2 Likes

Once the Avs were out, husband and I decided we would root for the Western Conference Champ (if the Avs couldn’t be there, we’d root for who was). Those first three games we thought we were the bad luck charm. LOL!

1 Like

Oh man, is this a good game.

1 Like

Great series! Congrats Florida on your first Cup.

1 Like

Holy cripes that was intense… The Oilers just kept hammering away until they had nothing left, bravo to the Panthers for holding them off, I thought they were in trouble when their goalie was on his back… phew, great fun.

Kudos to the Oilers for never quitting and pushing it to a 7, congrats to the Panthers for gathering themselves, playing tough and winning their first!

Great series indeed. I was rooting for the Kitties so I’m smiling.

Dagnabbit! Oilers had so many chances late that should have been in the net. Florida benefitting from amazing puck luck in the final few minutes.

1 Like

I wonder what the ratings will be like for this game? It’s all they were talking about on the radio as I was driving about earlier.