Put on a robe and fling some magic: It's your OPEN THREAD for the premiere of DOCTOR MORDRID, tonight at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, only in the Gizmoplex!

Here’s to better times, anyways. You take care, and all the best out there to ya.

3 Likes

All hail :white_circle:! An SPN reference!

1 Like

Kabal - aka Evil Brad Hall!

2 Likes

Thanks friend. Haven’t been around as much because I just haven’t had the energy, so 'preciate it.

3 Likes

Ah, the jam is over, I can move again.

1 Like

Couldn’t join the thread live, but I caught the stream, this was definitely another great one.

And I have to agree with what Joyner said about MST3K being a film preservation project. For as much as they make fun of these films, it’s definitely also a showcase, bringing them to a wider audience and making them easier to process for people who might not otherwise enjoy them.

3 Likes

Aaaah, aaaah, aaaah

3 Likes

Explains why Joe Bob hosted it in the 90s on The Movie Channel just like Deathstalker 3 and Soultaker.

I don’t see Jesus dancing on sand.

His son was in a one hit wonder band.

They did appear together on the Deep Space Nine episode “To The Death”, which happened to be Weyoun’s introduction. Both characters are killed during the episode, but while Thompson’s Jem’Hadar character Toman’torax was permanently killed, Weyoun would actually return next season. The producers liked the character and Combs’ performance so much they wrote that his species is cloned by the Founders and that the first appearance was actually the fourth version. So I guess Combs won out again!

2 Likes

Oddly enough, I get Rachel McAdams (mixed with Keri Russell) vibes from that actress.

office space dream GIF

2 Likes

My thoughts of this episode.

Wow. Favorite episode so far, closely followed by Robot Wars. This one was fantastic! I laughed several times. It was enjoyable throughout!

Is it just me or did the opening theme song change a little bit in the beginning? Tom sounds different in the beginning before Felicia starts singing.

Another little thing I noticed that was a nice touch was Dr. Cabal’s name was changed to Dr. Kabahl. I remember seeing someone post here that they didn’t like cabal because of the antisemitic implications. I didn’t think that it would be heard and taken seriously, but I’m pleasantly surprised to see that it was.

I’ll be very happy when this episode becomes downloadable so I can watch it over and over again on my phone. 100% solid episode and I hope that this feeling continues in future episodes! :smiley:

3 Likes

testing posting a pic
edit: it won’t let me post pics or emotes, oof.

1 Like

“Lord Flasheart”? LOL

2 Likes

That infernal nonsense Pinafore?

Jonah’s Tom sings Jonah intros, while Emily’s Tom sings her intros.

I think they always spelled Kabahl that way.

2 Likes

His default emotion is Dull Surprise.

1 Like

When you wake up and see Tim has been liking a load of your comments
Wait
Tim?
Godamulet
My 3am brain tagged Matt not Tim in the Iron Bru Snowman
sigh
If you missed it then this is for you TIM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D4yZOab5gl-4&ved=2ahUKEwiWs-XIpaT4AhWPfMAKHdnMCcYQtwJ6BAhMEAI&usg=AOvVaw2k_XABNx6SBTuVEXyfP7CN
@timryder

2 Likes

I fell asleep here in Scotland, but what I saw of the episode was super funny!

2 Likes