What are your favorite alternative pronunciations, odd phrases, and true flubs from riffed films?

“THE MAP ISRAEL!” always comes to mind from Final Sacrifice. “Is that stud coming?” is another that makes me laugh every time, partly thanks to the awkward edit right after.

5 Likes

My nuts?

8 Likes

This is more of a misheard line. It occurred in the Star Baby host segment in Laserblast, where Mike stated that one of them had the ship. Let’s just say that the diaper changing aspect helped cement my misunderstanding.

4 Likes

Skooerd!

4 Likes

Waarwulf…

9 Likes

Henry Krasker mispronouncing “telekinesis” as “telekeenis” is gloriously, wonderfully dumb.

7 Likes

If you’ve been following the podcast Ringheads, Bill Corbett has a habit of pronouncing Tolkien with three syllables (Tol-ki-en).

4 Likes

Thehts ebsolutely fehscineting.

9 Likes

You feelthy peeeeg!

8 Likes

“Pamalino” horses, from Here Comes the Circus comes to mind, and I’m still amused every time the cast pronounces karaoke “kuh-RO-kee.”

9 Likes

Skiing, or shiing as we’re told it’s pronounced…

14 Likes

But of course we know they’re full of skit.

10 Likes

::rimshot::

3 Likes

From The Projected Man

Film dialog (in a thick accent): “You can’t, Chris!”

Servo: “What did she call him?”

8 Likes

Does Bix Dugan → Big Stupid count here?

8 Likes

“Sacrifice the bishop!”
“Santa bites the bishop?”

4 Likes

One I can’t believe they didn’t correct in post was a line where Joel was supposed to mention a UPS guy, but he misread it (maybe the script was all caps?) and he said “the ups guy” instead.

And let’s face it, the way they used to constantly mispronounce karaoke was kinda charming.

5 Likes

We call him the ups man too. I think that’s just a thing people do.

6 Likes

In the “To Earth” host segment from Diabolik, when Gypsy said that Crow had wedged himself under the desk, at first I thought she said that he had wet himself under the desk.

1 Like

They went fishing. Shpear fishing.

(Killer Fish)

2 Likes