Rewards you would actually want!

OOo I love the idea of Servo and Crow plush! Take my money!! (maybe an SoL and GPC and Cambot too)

I loved the challenge coins from the last KS. They make more, I will buy them.

The tote bag is a great idea assuming it’s one with a flat bottom that I can actually use for grocery shopping and the like.

I would LOVE a set of prints, not huge, postcards that can be framed for example, of all of the great episode art like what we saw during the Turkey Day marathon. I have a few, but would love to get more.

As for digital only sort of stuff:

A way to purchase the enhanced episodes is my dream. I suspect however they cannot do that for rights reasons. Pity.

Virtual classes. In-person is great, but while I can maybe float the cost of the class, I can’t do the airfare and hotel to get there. (I say this not knowing how hard those things are to pull off. If they are a huge PitA I can see what they tried to do it in-person this time)

I would love Matt or someone to sit down with Joel (and any others from the original run who want to participate) and talk about those early days. Sort of a living history (sorry Joel) sort of thing. Then show that as a live event sometime during the season.

5 Likes

I’d toss pretty good money at a script autographed by the cast and writers.

And an updated ACEG is obvious.

8 Likes

Someone said when you buy the episode on the Gizmoplex, you get the enhanced version too. I have not tried this.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s correct.

EDIT: Just went looking:

This is the regular version of the episode.

1 Like

Would there be any interest in a return of a Satellite News type newsletter? An actual printed on paper and mailed to your address newsletter? That you could read and save and I dunno, maybe collect. Anybody here collect things? Anybody?

It could have exclusive content like interviews with cast & crew members and writers, news about outside projects cast members might have upcoming, fan art, a crossword or find-a-word puzzle, an MST3K trivia quiz with the answers only found by visiting the Gizmoplex, maybe a movie review of the complete, unriffed version of a film featured on MST3K.

It would have to be priced at a level so that it more than covers the cost of printing & mailing it, but still be attractive enough for lots of people to sign up for it. Maybe $50 for a quarterly newsletter?

And it wouldn’t even have to be that much extra work for them. There are plenty of talented fans who would be willing to write, edit, do the layout/design work for modest compensation, as a labor of love. The cost of printing & mailing (both of which are significantly higher than they were 30 years ago) would be the main factors.

8 Likes

If you play the episode is it enhanced? The other person implied they were replaced.

1 Like

I would prefer this over email updates. Even at a premium.

2 Likes

I like the idea of an official old school physical newsletter. I don’t like the idea of making fans do it as a labor of love when a core tenet of the latest campaign was “pay well for the jobs people do.” And I even say this as someone who willingly volunteers my work to entertainment outfits I am a fan of.

Oh bingo there we go. Just send the updates out physically as well as online.

4 Likes

The downloadable episode is not enhanced. Even if it were, having 540p be the highest available download undermines a lot of the purpose.

The only way to see it right now as far as I can tell is to watch the replay of the live event (which cannot be downloaded).

1 Like

No it’s the regular episode. You can watch the Tribute episode that is the enhanced version, but there is no way to download that.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t pay close attention to it.

1 Like

Another idea:

Gundam style models of the bots.

I would buy all of those

2 Likes

that Steve Vance artwork of Crow as the CryptKeeper riding a motorbike with Servo, Teen Reporter behind him has been something i’ve always wanted as a poster, postcard, shirt…tattoo…something!

Episode guides would be awesome, if expanded.

uhhhhh…i dunno. nice diecast figurines? i’m not much for merch.

i feel weird asking for exclusive video of sketches or episodes, or anything. i feel like if it’s MST related all fans should be able to watch.

if backing got me an exclusive badge or experience at a live show or something that would be cool.

honestly, getting more of jonah directing new eps of both crews is all i really want.

6 Likes

Buildable Tom and Crow models using those off brand miniature Legos.

5 Likes

How about a Steve Vance mini print for each new episode, as if they were included in a first-edition Shout Factory MST3K DVD volume?

I feel as if a ton of MSTies really loved those prints in the DVD era, and if they were their own perk, I’m sure they may become as sought-after as the ones inside said DVD sets.

7 Likes

Yes! And while we’re at it let’s commission mini-posters for the titles they were never able to get home media rights for. Have a complete Steve Vance art set.

9 Likes

I’ll have to check mine, but that’s what I thought as well? That if you owned the original, you had the enhanced version as well?

2 Likes

Someone shared screen grabs and it doesn’t look true.

1 Like

I also listen to Welcome to Night Vale. They have a reward option that might also work for a whale:

Insert your name into the story line. It could be as a character, such as an intern or something.

On a similar idea, you could inscribe a name into the set. Could make it fairly subtle like an R that is piping, an O that is a saucer, etc. more of a non distracting easter egg. Or it could be on like a box of cereal called “Rogarc Bran” as one example.

Feel free to give me that one for free for coming up with it.

2 Likes

Every episode has an invention exchange with two items that never get used again. So why not offer:

Invention exchange items

The hard part would be adding extra ones to the campaign if stretch goals were achieved.

2 Likes