George Michael
Willie Nelson
Rage Against the Machine
Soundgarden
The Spinners
A Tribe Called Quest
The White Stripes
Warren Zevon

I would say all of them are worthy of induction… maybe not in their first year, though. If I had to pick 5 of them I would go with Kate Bush, Iron Maiden, Joy Division/New Order, Soundgarden and A Tribe Called Quest.

Still no freakin’ Pixies.

1 Like

Cyndi Lauper, definitely. Not only a terrific musician, but the WWE got mainstream popularity which was the foundation of their consistent success to this day in no small part thanks to her involvement with the company.

2 Likes

A bit torn. All 14 there have valid reasons to be considered.
There are 3 first ballot options IMO:
Kate Bush, Iron Maiden, Joy Division/New Order

Of the remaining nominees, there’s 5 I’d prefer the remaining ones be picked from but all of that list are deserving of being there.
Missy Elliott, Cyndi Lauper, RATM, Soundgarden & Warren Zevon
The last 6, again deserve to be in, but I wouldn’t complain if they were omitted at this time.

And even thou I put Willie in that bottom 6, there is part of me that wonders how he isn’t already in.

I think Willie is very likely to get it, because they want to induct him while he’s still around.

Zevon, baby. Zevon.

I’m also too hopelessly biased towards Cyndi Lauper and Soundgarden to even -attempt- to be objective here.

And since we’re on the topic, I’m absolutely befuddled as to why Lauper (and Motorhead, for that matter) isn’t in the WWE Hall Of Fame celebrity wing yet.

Maiden, Rage, Soundgarden, Cyndi, Tribe, Willie, Warren.

Those are all instant picks from this list for me.

Joy Division/New Order, Sheryl, and Kate are on the second tier.

The winners:

Kate Bush
Sheryl Crow
Missy Elliott
George Michael
Willie Nelson
Rage Against the Machine
The Spinners

DJ Kool Herc
Link Wray
Chaka Khan
Al Kooper
Bernie Taupin
Don Cornelius

All deserving, but I’m getting mighty ticked off about the continual snubbing of Iron Maiden.

And the Pixies, who have never even been nominated.

1 Like

Hi, universe, I’m scowling at you for not putting Soundgarden, Warren Zevon, and Cyndi Lauper in. Can you feel that? SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL.

Cheers!

The “extra” awards were all good calls, though.

1 Like

Missy Elliot is rock?

So, you get that but still no MC5? No Pixies? No Devo?

7kgcdz

2 Likes

I say this as someone who thought Def Leppard’s first three albums were brilliant…

No hall of fame should have Def Leppard in it but not Iron Maiden.

Yet for five years and counting, these are the conditions that have prevailed.

1 Like