Sayings you picked up from MST3k

I use ‘Hikeeba’ and ‘it STINKS’ a lot, and the other day I made a fort for the cats and told them we were doing Invention Exchange…

16 Likes

trdsf beat me to it: “It’s just a show. You should really just relax.”

Also, “commercial sign in 5… 4…” when YouTube threatens me with advertising.

Love a randomly inserted “Slab Bulkhead”, et.al.

14 Likes

There are a lot of small cafés in my town which are named simply “Café”, so I often get the opportunity to use “Hey…‘Café’! I’ve heard of this place!” from I Accuse My Parents. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

13 Likes

Whenever I get to use the word “gauntlet”, I cannot NOT do the Kinga spreading of the hands.

12 Likes

“Why don’t they look? :pensive:

24 Likes

oh! A couple I picked up more recently from Reptilicus that drive my partner crazy “Pole dancing 101: first get familiar with the pole, make friends with it, shake its hand” and “as an american ive photographed wheelbarrows of skin all over the world”

also whenever someone says “there’s such and such” responding with “and an aching in my heart!!” lol i fell asleep to the beginning of that one a lot for my anxiety

“put on your hardhats fellas weve hit a vein of stretch armstrongs!”

9 Likes

Your response got a laugh out of me, good on you!

I don’t know what it is, but I love the musical riffs. Probably why Kevin Murphy is one of my favorite cast members.

6 Likes

LOL, I have been known to shout “McCloud!” when people are listing names as well.

20 Likes

I hope “I don’t get you” is done in Gypsy’s voice.

13 Likes

I had the same problem when typing up the OP. I definitely had more examples in my brain when thinking up the post, but most of them fell out when my fingers met the keyboard.

6 Likes

Did anyone come up with kitten mittens* during the exchange?

*I know it’s not an MST3K reference, but I feel like there are probably some Always Sunny fans in here as well.

10 Likes

Yup, same here. I wore out multiple VHS copies of the 30 or so episodes I recorded in the early 90s, and they sank so far into my brain that I don’t always know that I’m quoting from them. It’s just part of my conversational DNA…

9 Likes

That’s great, I am going to have to use that in the future. I am always looking for creative text strings when writing unit tests.

8 Likes

Whenever I am looking for something, especially if I am using a flashlight, I can’t help but utter, “No tiger here” as I go.

11 Likes

I feel shakey, oh so trembley, I’ve had whiskey and vodka and gin! :notes:

8 Likes

My son actually managed to use this one on me the other day. I was so proud.

“Can’t we just get BEYOND Thunderdome!”

He waited years, but finally, I really trashed a thunder dome.

29 Likes

When people begin questioning things in shows (exception being Marvel, those shows are designed to make us overanalyse) “just repeat to yourself it just a show and you really should relax.”

In fact that used to be in my banner box things that forums always used to have (I cannot remember the actual name)

9 Likes

I haven’t used kitten mittens, but I have used murder mittens :joy_cat:

7 Likes

We like to use
Hello, I’m Peter Graves
with all the shenanigans and goings on
think about it, won’t you? Thank you
Watch out for snakes

16 Likes

“Steve?”
– Night of the Blood Beast

9 Likes