Second Banana Heaven: now accepting nominations

Rhoda Morgenstern, of course!

4 Likes

She got her own show though after “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” so can that still count? It’s pretty much an inverse to my Porky question earlier.

2 Likes

Michael Knight.

3 Likes

What’s the next case, Mack?

Ohhhhhhh, you’ll like this one, sir ….

night court GIF by tylaum

7 Likes

Well, she graduated, and then I guess Julie Kavner, who played her sister, inherited the second banana mantle.

I should watch some of those again. <3

2 Likes

Having wrapped up a rewatch of The Teenagers series, can I nominated Lee Watson for Second Banana Hell?

TheTeenagers

3 Likes

@SandyFrank I wish Rifftrax would complete the Teenagers series…they’re the only Brigit/Mary Jo riffs that are must watch/I spend my money on :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Agreed, I’d like to see them do the rest. Though the series goes even further downhill once they leave the school (as if it could get worse).

I heartily recommend the MJ&B riffs of the Rathbone/Bruce Sherlock Holmes films. Those are great as well. Though I love almost everything they do.

3 Likes

I don’t know. I rather enjoyed them taking on those Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes movies.

2 Likes

@SandyFrank @Sitting_Duck If you all want to throw a watch party, I’m down :sunglasses:

+1 on Penfold and Smithers, may I submit for your consideration…

4 Likes

Before nominating, consider that if they aren’t already dead, they could be taken up into second banana heaven and no longer be on Earth. Do you want to nominate someone who brings you joy and risk losing them forever? Also, consider how political it is up there and that many of those accepted will just end up being soul takers instead.

4 Likes

Also, consider how political it is up there and that many of those accepted will just end up being soul takers instead.

Just running down some of the implications of this; if I nominated The Soul Taker, who we have to view as Second Banana to the Angel of Death, would they become a Soul Taker…Taker? Soul Taker squared?

3 Likes

Don’t say “squared” around Robert Z’Dar.

4 Likes

Sorry, I meant ‘differently jawed’

3 Likes

How much does a banana cost? Ten dollars?

A second banana should be less than that.

2 Likes

Teller, of Penn &.
teller

(Say, did those old Comedy Central ads and bumpers leave anyone else with a permanent association between MST3K and Penn Jillette’s voice?)

6 Likes

LIttle Alex Horne…

greg davies dave GIF by UKTV

1 Like

Grantland did a really fun Second Banana bracket way back:

1 Like

Charles Boyle from Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Jake is happy to be his friend but Charles ASPIRES to be his best second banana.

1 Like