Show us your most recent mundane, stupid, non-MST3K accomplishment

Yeah I never kill spiders, unless they land on me or something and I just get startled. I have a dedicated Spider Cup for catching them (and it was just barely big enough for the one today :flushed:).

Flies though… I farging hate flies. I’m smack those buzzy bastards right out of the air.

6 Likes

I currently have 103% in my chemistry class… but the first exam is on the weekend. We’ll see…

6 Likes

You remind me that I need to record new readings of some of my stories. I’ve found it’s a vital editing step for tightening up the pace and rhythm – and some things that look fine on the page sound awkward when spoken aloud.

Isn’t Audacity great? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes! It’s less intimidating than I expected. Great editing technique for your stories, too.

4 Likes

No camera, but I just put on the terrific pale blue silk shirt I found at a yard sale last Saturday for a dollar. It’s a men’s shirt, too. So there’s a pocket, and pockets rule.

13 Likes

Damn. I want that shirt!

That’s totally my shirt now!

Just be glad it wasn’t one of the “slim fit” shirts which often come without a pocket…they do give me the appearance of less of a beergut, but no breast pocket?

It burns my guts!

5 Likes

You can do it all by yourself! Very good! :laughing:

4 Likes

OK, that’s funny. But maybe it wasn’t buttoned the right way (or the left way, or however that works)!

But let’s not go overboard! There’s still tying shoes to master! Not out of the woods yet!

3 Likes

I work in customer service, and our calls are “graded” throughout the month. After a spectacularly bad call in August (a difficult customer, an odd and unique situation, and just being caught off guard) I wanted to bounce back for September.

Just got my last review in, and my month average is 96%.

16 Likes

At 7 AM. Before vitamins OR coffee. Damn right. All the buttons lined up properly, too. Now where’s my Nobel?!

5 Likes

You can pick ONE sticker out of the prize box.

8 Likes

I’ve mowed the lawn AND spent two hours on the phone with the IRS without raising my voice all without having breakfast!

(this is what tri-athletes must feel like)

10 Likes

This whole thread makes me feel like a failure. I haven’t accomplished anything.

6 Likes

Or have you chosen not to accomplish anything and done nothing as well as anyone?

8 Likes

76919600d00d19a31a546381b387e3de

11 Likes

Love this show. Use this argument with my wife all the time. It’s how I motivate myself.

Banana stickers!

5 Likes

His art was terrific, too. <3

4 Likes

Oh. Overachiever, huh?

I feel you about talking with the IRS…a lot of times it’s a nice enough person on the line, but…it takes so long 100% of the time!

Well…I bought three 24 oz cans of Steel Reserve 211, filled the tank with gasoline, and taking a roundabout way back home behind a cemetery, saw a cool young buck/stag deer ambling across the road.

See a lot of does and fawns, but hardly ever ones with antlers.

AND I parked in my carport such that my downstairsnik will have difficulty opening her driver’s seat door. Plus, I added comprehensive insurance to my collision insurance, so there!

/* ETA.

Here’s my one great accomplishment for today.

No, I’m not joking. The HOA allows ADA trained service dogs, but no others. And I like dogs, and vice versa.

Too many scofflaws, forcing me to pay hundreds of dollars in fees when I have music playing at a reasonable level to drown out of these beasts who should be (i) trained or (ii) if not possible, have their vocal cords clipped.

I pay a sh*tload every month to that damned HOA. And they don’t do ess for me. */

2 Likes

I successfully kept from mercilessly mocking the last idiot who literally asked me, “Are the machines with the out of order signs on them working?” On second thought that required a rather herculean effort so… And just for the record… No, they aren’t.:rofl::rofl::thinking::frowning::sob::sob::sob:

13 Likes

You participated in a new and growing community today. And I always enjoy seeing your username!

Anyway here’s what I think of being useful…

• a toilet plunger is useful
  • the Mona Lisa is not useful

I choose to be the Mona Lisa

12 Likes