Single Random Facts

2 Likes

Much appreciated. It does seem a bit too loud, and sometimes proud, it might be too squank for me to work at the desk.

I could give it the Jack Nance/Tom Servo haircut, though, and enclose it in a steel cage.

No, seriously, I thank you for a starting point. Probably is not so bad for most things.

Many things!

1 Like

“I got me a cushion it’s as big as a whale…”

7 Likes

B-52s playing

4 Likes

It has come to my attention that naming a product “Lovesac” is of questionable taste.

It may be a good chair, but I might not want to touch it.

Opinions vary, but facts are facts.

4 Likes

If there is one person whose life cannot be immeasurably improved by judicious use of hook-and-loop closures (or what some have called “Velcro”) backed with strong adhesive, I would be shocked.

It is fact: that stuff is fan-f-tastic.

When I’m done velcroing absolutely everything in my apartment to everything else, I shall fashion myself a velco fly. For the enjoyment of all!

4 Likes

And if you need something stronger than everyday plastic and fabric hook-and-loop fasteners, there’s this:

Metaklett — the name essentially translates to “metal Velcro”.

3 Likes

:scream_cat:

Don’t get too close if a first aid kit isn’t nearby.

2 Likes

That is an impressive…erm…constraining device…

If it’s all the same, I won’t be attaching that to the fly of any pants I wish to wear, but mad props to those who dare.

1 Like

:warning: Do not back over shoes, severe tire damage may result :warning:

4 Likes

Wow, that’s kinda scary. I wonder what the use case is for that. If you need the strength of metal but bolts, screws, nails, straps, etc. won’t work … what kind of mad scientist shenanigans are you up to?

2 Likes

I could see it being used for something that you’d want to be able to quickly and precisely install with a strong bond, have a small amount of flex, hold in place indefinitely, yet still be able to easily remove or replace at need. Say, an automobile bumper or fender, or things in an engine compartment because it can stand up to high heat.

4 Likes

And because no discussion of hook-and-loop fasteners is complete without it…

4 Likes

I have a great *&^%! attitude and I’ll beat the tar outta anyone who says otherwise. And probably a few people just for being ugly.

Remember when a bunch of lawyers tried to keep their registered trademark of “Velcro” from becoming kleenexed into a common word?

Guess it didn’t work.

4 Likes

It may seem benign, but Velcro can give you one heck of a cut if the edge catches you just right wrong. I learned this lesson the hard way yesterday. Yeowza.

4 Likes

Important safety tip. Thanks, @wyswysia!

2 Likes

Despite being absolutely groundbreaking at the time, TRON (1982) was not nominated for Best Visual Effects at the Academy Awards due to the prevailing opinion within the Academy that using computers for visual effects was “cheating.”

Oh, how times have changed!

8 Likes

I have a friend who worked on Tron and he doesn’t think it’s a big deal and it annoys me to no end.

3 Likes

Good to know that people have always been brats about new developments, regardless of whether the scorn is worth it!

3 Likes

Here in the U.S., it is National Fish Taco Day.

Bon appétit!

2 Likes