Sketches From Synthia Selects

And the bar in the lobby only serves $10 drinks? Outrageous!

8 Likes

I’m really thrilled to hear from professionals that I’ve been using this right. :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

Eh, I say reclaim the word. Make it what you want, defiance, rebellion, and all that! From now on skit means the best comedy piece of the highest order. Viva la skit!

(oh, okay, what I really don’t want to do is re-write my top 50 MST article where in each segment I use the term “Favorite skit”… 50 times I use it -sigh-) So I say, defiance, in support of my laziness!

4 Likes

Taste the… time I wasted doing this.

22 Likes

:joy:

5 Likes

You just have to do what I do and not talk to comedians ever.

7 Likes

We did make it what we wanted. A word we don’t use.

I mean, at the end of the day, people can use whatever words for whatever they want. People say literally when they mean figuratively all the time. This is all made up. Call surgeons cutty guys, call paintbrushes dippys, call forks knives. As long as you don’t mind that people hate when you do it, the world is your oyster.

11 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa…you’re saying my guy who did my appendectomy who introduced himself as “I’m the cutty guy” wasn’t a surgeon? Should I be concerned about this?

9 Likes

I’m okay with being hated. Go ahead, pour your misery down on me.

Oh, and I prefer to call my surgeon, “Captain Stabby”

5 Likes

I’m saying Tim took the time to explain why “sketch” is the professional terminology but if you don’t like it, you don’t have to use it. Me, I’m used to this country ignoring what I have to say but you gotta take it easy with Tim–he’s a tall white man, this is unusual for him!

8 Likes

Then you are truly free.

6 Likes

Yay for that at least.

And you’re a comedy guy, so I’ll just assume that you get when people are playing? (I’m having a hard time reading your vibe)

But Tim if you didn’t get that I was playing… I was playing (I appreciate the explanation; I never knew that. And laziness notwithstanding, I’ve been in the process of changing all the “skits” to “sketch” in that piece, all 59 of them, out of love and respect for y’all.)

:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

The best part of bits? You can assemble them into chunks.

4 Likes

I seem to be late to the discussion but… my $0.02US…

Perhaps this could be included as an add-on for future annual/Full-Season passes and full-season purchases? A season 13 Vault Picks Collection with the new content and even anything that can be added to introduce the monthly theme, who picked it, how the movies were chosen that month, behind the scenes shenanigans…

I’d rather see the content be fleeting on the month by month perspective, but still exist/be accessible somewhere for paying members in the future?

I mean… there’s already plenty of people frustrated about content that’s already been lost through the years for all the reasons… going forward I’d hope the goal would be preservation?

Of course, they may record all the months this season then repeat them in future? So, always available … for one month a year? Still fleeting but… Preserved-ish?

Shrug.

7 Likes

Thanks for the explanation!

I’m sure that I’ve greatly irritated at least one person in my life by using the terms interchangeably.

Now I know.

3 Likes

Can someone please list the timecodes for the sketches in this month’s vault picks please?

4 Likes

I want The State to rerelease their “Skits & Stickers” tape as the more correct “Sketches & Stickers,” and to include stickers this time, damnit!

6 Likes

I still have that VHS, one of the few ways to see the “Pants” sketch with the original music, The Breeders’ “Cannonball”.

5 Likes

Also I would love to see a month collection of the intros, outros, and sketches. Like a blooper reel that has no context I think it could work. A Best of Bits and Sk*ts as you were.

4 Likes

Or, hear me out, “All Synthia’s Picks Sketches, Ya Betcha!”

:thinking:

5 Likes