So bad it’s…bad

I’ve never seen it myself, but my father, a film historian, maintained that this was, by far, the worst movie he ever saw.

2 Likes

I saw ‘The Flintstones’ at a 2 cent promotion at a local theater.

It was worth about that much.

3 Likes

It’s a movie where a pterodactyl takes a giant bird poo on a playground. I can’t even…

The playground stands in for the filmgoer, I guess.

I never even liked the original cartoon, so the constant hype for that damn film was already like a massive punch in the [redacted], every time.

3 Likes

Oh it’s terrible like pretty much everything Hanna-Barbera ever put out.

3 Likes

The only H-B cartoons I still find watchable are the ones with Mutley. I love that RT name-drops The Wacky Races when they make fun of the pod race in whichever SW prequel that was. I don’t keep track.

3 Likes

“Stop That Pigeon!”

3 Likes
1 Like

4 Likes

Would you say MANOS is more entertaining over Things? cause id say that Things has a certain quality of entertainment just from how bafflingly low budget it is.

i feel like i keep trying to watch asylum movies thinking theyre gonna be funny bad but it seems that just most of them are like people standing around or running in the same sets and nothing happens. So rarely funny bad just boring bad

3 Likes

Yeah I can see that. Did you have a hard time enjoying the Atlantic Rim episode then?

Screaming Burn It Down GIF by Regal

This is a little surprising to me because I kind of love Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. I don’t think the plot is any good, but it has a lot of really good versions of Beatles music, so I enjoy it as a listening experience. The George Burns version of Fixing a Hole is pretty charming, and the Earth, Wind and Fire version of Got to Get You into My Life and the Aerosmith version of Come Together are great. Different strokes, I guess!

100% agreed. I don’t know if it’s just because I’ve seen Manos a lot more often than THINGS, but it seemed like Manos at least tried to have a plot, even if it didn’t work. Manos also had a decent soundtrack (maybe that’s a pattern for me).

I watched 1993’s Remote recently and while I hoped that it would be a fun, cheesy Home Alone-like, it was just a slog for me.

1 Like

:open_mouth: I just got done reading even more about this whole weird venture:

I bet on days when Arch Hall, Jr. feels that his life didn’t quite go according to plan, he can just click on this and think, “Eh. There were way worse moments in parenting than what I lived through.”

(Pack a lunch. This story has a lot going on.)

3 Likes

Gauntlet thrown, I cannot resist this catnip. I expect deep hurting.

3 Likes

Cocktail was at least funny bad. This was a chore to watch.
Tom Cruise Car GIF by Cinisio Racing

1 Like

you think that’s sad, you should see what wishDOTcom thinks I’d be interested in buying…

1 Like

I’ve never been able to make it through more than 15 minutes of Battlefield Earth. Even well riffed it is unbearable.

No joking, I’d watch unriffed Rollergator beginning to end before over even a single scene of BE anyday.

I saw it in the theatre. What a nightmare