speedrun the badges!

That’s as many as 20 tens! And that’s terrible.

2 Likes

I just don’t seem to be able to crack this nut :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the excellent advice! If anyone wants to help me get my Sharing badge, please try the link on the page here:

[link now removed, thanks to all the clickers!]

Hopefully I’ve done this correctly!

5 Likes

I think I’m “respected” if not quite “respectable”…

Wait, lots of people are “respected”. My life is a lie!!!

Peanut Butter Falling GIF by Mr. Peanut

4 Likes

Thanks to all the folks who helped me get the First Share badge! I’ve removed the link now and I really appreciate all your help. Let me know if I can return the favor and I’ll put one of your links on my site for the same treatment.

7 Likes

I’m working on “Respected” and “Gives Back” now. This will be my 90th post, so I’m getting close …

8 Likes

Live View of @AdamSmith in progress!

7 Likes

I got the Reader badge. :crown:

It happened by surprise and wasn’t immediate to any long topic I had been reading so there probably is a delay with this one, too. How long, who knows. Discourse is a mysterious system of cogs and steam whose special parts even our best brains can not reckon.

10 Likes

Huzzah!

3 Likes

Those who earned the “Share” badge, how long did it take to show up? I thought I had done what I needed to a few days ago, and have earned other badges since, but that one still eludes me.

2 Likes

Twitter says my link had been clicked days ago but no badge for sharing yet. Maybe nobody who clicked it had an account so never actually read the thread with my link. Tis a mystry.

2 Likes

I think it was about a 5 hour lag between someone clicking the link I shared and the badge appearing. At least the Granted time under the badge showed something like that interval.

Anyone who is trying to get the Share badge, reply to this post with the external link you are trying to share. It should include your username as a parameter at the end. If you can’t get the badge I’ll put the link on one of my websites and click it for you, that should unlock it. Maybe @ me in the reply as well if you want me to get to it sooner than later. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hm. I shared a link to a thread via Twitter four days ago (using the “Share” link at the bottom of the thread, which did have my user name on it), and the person I shared it with came to the board and posted for the first time on that thread. I thought that would unlock it, but so far, no badge.

UPDATE: The badge came through today. So I guess there might really be a lag of several days in some cases.

2 Likes

It looks like my attempt at this failed, would you mind posting a link for me on one of your sites?

https://forums.mst3k.com/t/super-secret-pseudo-private-regular-lounge/8097?u=mccloud

3 Likes

I tried it from an external site, too. Hopefully one of them will work.

1 Like

Sure thing, here we go. Lemme know if it works (eventually).

https://6d-mst3k.hexidec.com/pals.html

2 Likes

Thank you! Just tried it, fingers crossed that I’ll get the badge.

2 Likes

It worked, I just got the badge! Thanks @SandyFrank!

3 Likes

Nothing to see here, just quoting you for a badge… :medal_sports:

2 Likes

Cool deal, congrats and happy to help!

3 Likes