speedrun the badges!

Thanks for the info. I joined a while ago, but haven’t really been going through the forums. They seem to move very quickly. I didn’t realize there were so many badges. I guess I should try to get some of them, and knowing about the full list will help with that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hope you don’t mind me doing the same thing then, @UrnotRibs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New info suggests that nesting a whole post to make a third quote level joke will be removed by the system. :worried:

4 Likes

Good News: I can finally update my profile!
Better News: I finally got that Autobiographer badge!

7 Likes

@Dronak I’m honored!

1 Like

This is a complete sidetrack, and I apologize for that, but probably better than starting a whole new thread.

And, yes, I’ve been following some of these badges I didn’t even know existed, so thanks for that.

WTH? I’m at day 50, and according to Discourse protocol, I should be at “regular” “trust level” now. All the likes given/received, yadda yadda. Weird, man.

4 Likes

In a different topic, I was following advice regarding quoting the thing you were replying to so people won’t get confused, but the @system removed it automatically again like it did in this topic. I guess the system doesn’t want us to do that.

2 Likes

But I want to decide who lives and who quotes…

2 Likes

For some reason, the system won’t allow us to quote the entirety of the post. Remove something (like just one punctuation mark) and it’ll go though.

2 Likes

How are you quoting that the system is saying nyet? I’ve never run into that one.

2 Likes

Testing.

EDIT: I’m trying to recreate that issue, but no luck so far.

2 Likes

Testing the “Quote whole post” button.

Edit: Got the “Automatically removed quote of whole previous post.” from the system.

4 Likes

Ah! I’ve never even seen that button up there. I always just select what I’m quoting and click the Quote pop-up that shows up when I do.

Yeah, no clue why that doesn’t work.

4 Likes

Could be a system clock issue. Give it another day or two and it should kick in, knock wood.

3 Likes

Cool. :grinning: Now I’m trying to reply by e-mail to see if I can get the badge for that. :wink:

3 Likes

Hmm, I wonder if something is up with the Popular Link badge? I received more than 50 clicks on the website link in 6 Degrees of MSTification, but it didn’t trigger the badge. That might be on a delay as well, sometimes badges show up much later. Or it could be there’s some other criteria needed that I didn’t hit yet. Only one person has that badge so far, and that’s Lesley.

4 Likes

I’ve been keeping an eye on that one as well to see if it triggers. My link out to the KS episode package spreadsheet is approaching 50 but may take a while to get there.

4 Likes

I recreated it manually from the parts that show up when you click the orange pencil and it shows you all the edits.

2 Likes

I think you also have to have been reading some percentage of the posts. And, to keep the regular status you have to keep on reading lots of posts or they take it away.

3 Likes

I was able to get the system to balk at quoting using the “Quote whole post” button, but if you select the text you want to quote—as much as you want, as many nested quotes as you want, etc.—and then click the popup Quote button (shown below) everything works the way it should. It’s kind of a pain on mobile, but it’s doable.

1 Like