speedrun the badges!

I have issues with computers and I’m 99% on my mobile, heh. If someone else does wants to do it and it works I’ll do it too-or if you want to flag me to see if it works that’s cool :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

gave it a go, not sure what that’ll do, but it didn’t immediately send me a badge. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well now I don’t want to go to the principal’s office…

4 Likes

I don’t know if the moderators receive a copy on a private flag, so I put in a message that it was only an experiment. But yeah if they too get a message, I wouldn’t want to flood their mail boxes with experiments, or get anyone sent to the principal. lol

5 Likes

Today’s experiment: Jam Handy’s Flagging Do’s And Don’t’s

7 Likes

So I don’t think it’s flagging anything, I believe it’s just a private message by way of the flag icon. I sent one out, and received one… but that doesn’t seem to be doing anything, badge-wise.

I deem this experiment a failure. (which comes with an official “Lemminkainen Badge”)

I did do a regular flag a couple days ago, not for anything bad, it was just a redundant thread and I requested a merger… which was done.

Ah well, no biggie, I was only curious about how to trigger it (and what’s preventing it?)

4 Likes

So, uh, did you get the Sampo badge?

5 Likes

Not yet, but if it spurts gold I want it!

5 Likes

Please accept this badge on behalf of “speedrun the badges”.

8 Likes

Wow! I earned the Champion badge! I shall treasure this one!

8 Likes

Congrats!

We should have some people getting the first of the Aficionado badges soon. I’m currently at 84 days and I know some folks were here a week or two before I was.

4 Likes

I’ve flagged a couple of topics for moderation (proposing two threads in different topics be merged as each was clearly discussing the same subject, another as being confusing/unneeded/unwanted by the moderators) as well as the individual message PM-by-flag. No flag badge, however. I suspect this is one not automatically granted by the system, but requires a moderator’s approval — which makes sense if one thinks about it.

6 Likes

My impression as well. I think the badge only kicks in if the post you flag is then acted upon in some official way.

I prefer ACI’s “At Your Fingertips: Flags”.

5 Likes

Dang! Nice job.

I’m at…sixty-seven? Crap, I’m basically a n00b.

5 Likes

Same count here. I prefer to believe that our porridge is not too new and not too old, but just right.

6 Likes

Well done! I fear this is one I will never get. The only person I know interested in MST3K is my husband and he isn’t that into forums.

6 Likes

I doubt the way I earned it would work again, but I’ll share anyway.

When the forum was still new (well, still new-car-scent new), but not everyone in the KS comments section had joined, I added a reminder there with a personal invite code. I had remembered that Lesley indicated that her code would only work for about 50 people, and I thought that maybe that limit was reached. In hindsight, I probably should have asked if she was intentionally limiting the number of folks participating in the beta before I invited more in, but I was super excited to have a shiny new forum full of MSTies. Anyway, my invites were claimed very quickly back then and now represent but a tiny fraction of our current community. By now, of course, many more invites have gone out through more formal channels like the backer survey and official updates, and the forum is wide open.

5 Likes

Not gonna happen

3 Likes

The complete list of badges is in the three-line menu up top.

https://forums.mst3k.com/badges

3 Likes

Nobody posted in my Geteven thread so I guess I’m getting a share badge here? Am I doing this right?

7 Likes