Start your Halloween music playlist…

4 Likes

The new Aquabats album “Kooky Spooky…In Stereo!” is suitable for Hallowe’en fun. Most 'bats stuff is. Their music and Super Show are recommended for MST3K fans.

Crossover bonus - Patton Oswalt played Aquabats foe Powdered Milk Man.

5 Likes

Oh, man, loved the Supershow back when it was on Discovery Family/The Hub. I even drew one of their creatures for a monster month thing…

3 Likes

One I forgot! Mostly because I couldn’t find it online. The Frank by Trace and well… Frank! This is just the trailer, but if you can find the song, it’s a banger. :smiley:

3 Likes

had a boss when i worked at a record store many years ago who is a huge Alice fan. i still dont know enough

3 Likes

I think this one Voltaire song (set to Doctor Who clips to make a great fan music video) would be appropriate.

5 Likes

Also, just for sheer randomness, this cover.

3 Likes

I, on the other hand, have a few “Friends on the Other Side.”

6 Likes

taking niche to new levels :facepunch:

2 Likes

dementoesque

1 Like

Well, what else would you expect from the guy responsible for Repo: The Genetic Opera and The Devil’s Carnival?

3 Likes

the version on Dreamtime is great but it doesnt have a snippet of opening music from The Shining:

2 Likes

So most of these are actually songs I listen to all the time anyway…

Typically I just listen to like different versions of horror themes…
Like the Halloween Resurrection version of the Halloween theme (I know Most people think Resurrection is awful, but I think any movie that features a Kung-Fu Busta Rhymes fighting Michael Myers is at least so-bad it’s good, and besides that I quite like that version of the theme)

I’m also quite a fan of Hello Zepp variants (I’m trying to find the differences but I haven’t quite found them)

I’m growing to like Rob Zombie’s music (I’m still not going to be the biggest fan of RZ’s Halloween, but it’s hard because I’m just too easy to please)

Lep in the Hood is quite funny just for the sheer fact that it’s the closest thing to a Rapping Professor Flitwick we’ll ever get…

Instrumental Remix of Video Game Underground (it’s this old local gaming store that had a really bad*ss (not sure If I’m allowed to say that here?) metal song)

just to name a few…

2 Likes

not trying tombe a gatekeeper since i started the thread, but in effort to keep it moving along and not falling away due to oft tiresome (but necessary when sharing tunes) endless music links i think “categorizing” your selection(s) could prove useful to those of us who are list-makers.
some of this “halloweenie” songs could fall into ‘TRICK OR TREAT PLAYLIST’ which would be the old halloween albums, demento picks, sound effectsETC.
then there might be ‘HALLOWEEN PARTY SELECTS’ which would be the weird, goth, rock, etc etc songs that might be more adult (or at least odd) tone, subject and style.

To some of you: Yes Yes Yes, this rocks!

To the others: No, No, No! Don’t stop-a-rockin’!
:beers::facepunch:

(keep sharing the tunes)

5 Likes

i am also known as the run-on king

2 Likes

I’ve been working (slowly) on an album of Halloween songs. To date, I have a few finished tunes that you might enjoy.

The main two began with the idea “could I write a scary story anthology as a song?” That resulted in “That’s the Twist!” where each verse is a scary story, and each chorus its twist ending.

A year later I wrote a sequel to that song (because what says horror anthology better than sequel?), along with a couple other Halloween tunes for an EP called “That’s the Twist…Again!”

Enjoy!

5 Likes

I smile politely at your Homerpalooza reference :slight_smile:

4 Likes
Scare Me by the band LUDO. Check it out for some Goonies, 1980s type vibes.

4 Likes

OK, here’s one Michael J. Nelson likes to reference a lot:

3 Likes

A few of John Carpenter’s movie themes as mood music…

9 Likes