The directors of MST3K appreciation thread

I don’t know if this has been answered elsewhere, but what was the inspiration for the Boneheads’ outfits, Infra-Man (1975)?

6 Likes

You and me both. But I would return to the dark art for this!

6 Likes

I believe it was!

6 Likes

I would likely be the shortest, if I were one?

4 Likes

Sounds like you’re the perfect test subject for Kinga’s new expanding stilt shoes! Huh, it looks like Max is trying to block our view of the label. I can see “e x p l o…”

2 Likes

I’m 5’4" so I bet I could win this. I’m also ruthless enough to cheat by slouching.

1 Like

I’m at least 95% certain that most of the world’s problems come from people growing up and losing that childish sense of wonder and acceptance.

So do your part to save the world! Buy that cool new toy, watch a cartoon, take a few minutes to stomp around being a dinosaur! Punch the obvious bad guy in the face instead of putting them in office.

4 Likes

This thread is all over the place… A part of me feels like glorious chaos is a fitting manifestation of our appreciation. The other part of me feels like it’s time for MOAR COFFEE.

In all seriousness, you director folk are an enormously important part of making this show happen. Thanks for being the people on the other side of the camera keeping things on track and making this happen for the world. We’re all better for it. <3

8 Likes

@timryder This you?

10 Likes

Great, now I need to add another post to the “What song is stuck in your head” thread.

:musical_note::notes:Who can it be knockin at my door
Make no sound
Tiptoe across the floor :notes::musical_note:

7 Likes

After seeing how rambunctious the cast can get during some of the live steams, you have to wonder if the glorious chaos in this thread is an accurate reflection of what it’s like to direct them. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

850 in the house!
The really high jumping platforms are super fun, and the water stays impossibly cold even in the blazing tallahassee heat of summer.

2 Likes

oh, uh: directors, right.
It makes me happy to see Jonah directing. He seems to have a good eye, and he can look forward and backwards with the eye of an artist AND a fan of the show.
Also, whoever was directing the live shows did a great job.
Watch Out For Snakes was especially crazy!

6 Likes