The Majestic Music Appreciation Thread

I can’t explain why I wanted to hear this tune, but I’m loving the live version done by an aging Iggy.

3 Likes

Still one of my favorite music videos. LOL

1 Like

And suddenly came to the realization I could share this with anyone who hasn’t heard it. Helped me when I needed it.

1 Like
3 Likes

Berlin. FTW. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I would hereby like to declare today pre 90’s day!

And…

And…

And also also also…

1 Like

I would also like to put forth the idea that the 80’s was irrefutably the golden era of the concept of operatic metal.:metal:

1 Like

I love this upbeat song that plays in Klonoa 2.

Here’re some of the anime opening and ending songs by the Japanese rock band Ali Project.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Is it odd that I dislike The Eagles but love each musician’s solo albums and/or other bands?

3 Likes

So, I’m working on a list where I’m picking best (or more accurately, favorite) original movie songs for each year.

It’s very time consuming and requires a lot of research, and now I’m wondering why I got the bright idea to do such a dumb thing in the first place. :laughing:

I also want to find tunes from around the world, and not just from Hollywood. And I finally added a winner from Mexico. It comes from a movie called Flor Silvestre (Wild Flower - 1943), from director Emilio Fernández. I think it’s a really pretty track, with lovely harmonies from brothers José and Miguel Castilla. Wanted to share it with y’all.

Sadly, the Theme from Shaft was supplanted… by Mother Sky (Deep End) from krautrock band “Can”. Shaft’s great but lord do I love creepy hypnotic stuff like this. Here’s the uncut, 14 minute version, if you dare…

2 Likes

This is a very ambitious project and i think we’d all love to see the final result!

2 Likes

It’ll probably take, well, forever, but when I do publish, I’ll share it

1 Like

Oh heavens no. I suspect that Joe Walsh might have actually redeemed The Eagles if he weren’t so wasted. And if he cared.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Never really cared for live recordings to be honest… But I always loved the Rust album.

1 Like

Is it wrong to like Wings? :rofl:

5 Likes

May I make a recommendation for 1947? Or 2007 if you prefer.

Also, this could technically be considered from Hollywood while out in the world I suppose…

2 Likes

11 year old girl belting out an incredible version of House Of The Rising Sun:

3 Likes