The Mighty Fan Art Thread!

I’ve recently been exploring needle felt painting. I did a few kits, but this is my first ‘original’ painting (using an embroidery pattern as a template)

10 Likes

Is that the sylvan glen that Mike & Friends visited that one time? :wink:

5 Likes

Oooh I wasn’t familiar with him before, very cool stuff! I know of a few artists working with bones and one of them I have a couple of her things:

https://www.moniquemotil.com/portfolio/creatures/

her work inspired the Squirrel People in Christopher Moore’s books.

5 Likes

If we’re doin’ FINE art that’s a whole new thread.

Please entitle it “I’m Not STHPEAKING To YOU.”

:puerto_rico:

2 Likes

Yeah we do have the Ink & Paint Club for fine art talk but we don’t have an Antiques, Bones & Glue Club…

2 Likes

My last big sale was in 2017 or '18 and I made $60. So, yes. Definitely a fine art dynamo here. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Simple colored doodle of Dr. Forrester!

14 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but I think Trace would enjoy this.

6 Likes

Especially if you add fishing gear, or a KITTY scaling the labcoat. :wink:

6 Likes

How sweet of you to say!!! <3

4 Likes

Now that is something special right there, Mint. Good old fashion nightmare fuel. :wink:

2 Likes

Happy 55th Birthday Patton Oswalt, aka MST3K’s own loveable sidekick of Moon 13, Max aka TV’s Son of TV’s Frank.

14 Likes

Still training my non-dominant hand. Protip; if you pinch a nerve in your back; rum and vibrating heating pads help.

12 Likes

Training the offhand with MST3K monstars.
‘Revenge of the Creature’

9 Likes

Not only is it a picture of the Creeping Terror, but if you stare at it for an hour it becomes the plot, too

11 Likes

Remember that all fanworks based on that movie [sic] must be delivered in a plain brown wrapper.

1 Like

Honestly, this is far more dynamic than any actual frame of the movie.

5 Likes

Every time I get excited about my nondominant hand I go to draw and it becomes super humbling

11 Likes

Are you humbled before your own awesomeness? Because I am!

3 Likes

Firstly: Thank you!

It’s like, there are still maneuvers that do not come naturally coupled with a muscle fatigue that hits after a few minutes. I’m assuming if I keep this up I’ll eventually overcome it - mind over muscle.

This has been a really interesting rabbit hole, and although I’m no less ‘right handed’, I can fake-it with my left pretty well now. I want to be fluid.

5 Likes