The Mighty Fan Art Thread!

Made some MST3K face masks and accidentally got this epic pattern lineup in the pleats

21 Likes

Proof the show is great. MST3K keeps us entertained & SAFE! Wonderful work!!!

6 Likes

Quick PSA to anyone who has posted images here:
If your image is no longer visible in the thread, you can get it back by hitting the “trashcan” icon on the post, then immediately hitting the circular arrow icon to undo that.
I don’t think anyone has yet found the answer to why images started disappearing, but this fix seems to bring them back without any issues. Note, though, that you’re only allowed to do this a limited number of times each day before Discourse cuts you off and makes you wait 24 hours to do it again.

8 Likes

For Still Store, Cambot….

17 Likes

Probably should black out that address.

1 Like

Mac and Me in Very Cool inc Sweater

15 Likes

For Halloween, I animated a Bonehead doing the spooky dance! If you guys never heard of a spooky dance, here’s this video to prove it.
Animated using FlipaClip, edited with Photoshop Elements (to remove the watermark)

Spooky Dance (Bonehead)

16 Likes

Oh man, I can’t believe how late I am for SPOOKY TIME.

2 Likes

If you posted fan art on or before September 7 and the image is missing, you can fix it!

1. Click on the 3 dots below your post
  2. Click on the trash can to delete it
  3. Click on the circular arrow to restore the post
  4. The image is back!

Note: You have to wait 60 seconds between posts if doing more than one and can only do 5 per day.

5 Likes

I built these custom frames for my posters.

32 Likes

Very nice, so on brand for the show. How’d you do it? Kinda looks like scrap wood with parts added, but I suspect more devious genius at play than just that.

2 Likes

Routed out wood panels, ripped apart some model kits and tinkered until they looked right

8 Likes

I may do something similar with my posters. I’m gonna need some small junk to put in there. I’ll have to look for castoff spare parts after Christmas.

2 Likes

Go buy clearance model kits and use those

3 Likes

You guys remember Felicia Day’s Kinga typo on the cone last month?

Well I made this pic based on the photo. I call this: the Kingaroo.

This is the best I can come up with, as it’s my first time drawing a kangaroo.

18 Likes

It’s wonderful! I love how angry she looks!

1 Like

For my Krewe’s upcoming Patrick Swayze Christmas Party, I decided to make special gifts for three members who’ve been most helpful that go along with their chosen characters… for our Jonah I made a little wooden Rougarou a’la “every country has a monster,” for our Pearl, I made a Forrester family crest so that wherever she resides shall be Castle Forrester! And last but not least, every Mad needs a punching bag, and myself as Dr. F has Puppet Frank, I figured our Kinga could use a Puppet Son of Puppet Frank AKA Max.
And here’s another photo of Puppet Frank and Puppet Son… I have to admit to being a little shocked to see how far my skills have come in just a year and a half between the two.

20 Likes

Max’s coat looks awesome. He’s quite good, in general but he’s snappily dressed as well.

4 Likes

I guess this could technically be fan art, but my friend, Tom, and I lipsynched to the Patrick Swayze Christmas host segment last night for a Holiday drag show. I (Santa Sweater) played Crow, Tom was Tom, and my friend (red llama sweater) played Joel.

14 Likes

Great sweaters! Sounds like a fun show.

2 Likes