The swayziest Christmas!!

After watching the Patrick Swayze Christmas episode last year on Christmas Eve, the family and I decided we were going do a Swayze Christmas this year and we have followed through! Along with the decorations, we have picked out 12 of his movies and spin a wheel every night to see which one we will watch. We also have Christmas t-shirts with Patrick Swayze in Road House on them that all 4 of us will be wearing Christmas Day. Merry Swayzemas!

24 Likes

Okay, that is awesome!

Welcome to the forums! :smiley:

7 Likes

Give that woman a bar stool decorated to commemorate the memory of Patrick Swayze!

7 Likes

Y’all are doing it right, @Erolfe. You make us PROUD.

Also also, welcome to the forums, glad to have ya here!

7 Likes

When Crow asked “how long until it becomes a standard,” THIS is what he meant.

12 Likes

Do you rewatch if spinning choses a movie you already watched?

5 Likes

I’ve got to tell my wife, she’ll be happy we will no longer celebrate Festivus, but supplant it with this fine tradition !

…And…this will be her response…

Roadhouse Roundhouse Kick GIF by MetzgerBrenner

7 Likes

Swayze and Blast Hardcheese! Oh, and some guy from Marooned. Whatever became of him?

5 Likes

We remove the movie after we watch it so it doesn’t come up again :blush:

4 Likes

You gotta find a way to make the final night’s spin somehow land on something that’s not the only available choice. Like you have one movie on the wheel (let’s say “Ghost”), but the act of spinning knocks it off and now you have to watch something that was never in the original 12, like “Tall Tale” or something. Or, heck, just end with the MST3K episode that began this tradition.

7 Likes

This is amazing!

Kinda wish I was there to watch those. I’ve only ever seen Dirty Dancing, and I haven’t even seen it all the way through.

4 Likes

Yea that episode is on there too! But we are ending with Road House!

3 Likes

If you want a riffed version, Rifftrax did Roadhouse!

Also, @Erolfe Welcome to the forums!!!

5 Likes

This is brilliant :joy::purple_heart:

5 Likes

My favorite thing Patrick Swayze ever did was when he was a guest on The Graham Norton show and Brokeback Mountain came up. He said, “Here’s what I don’t understand about that movie. Now I’m from Texas and I don’t know why those two guys were goin’ at it when there were 2000 perfectly good sheep standing around.”

5 Likes

Excellent, thanks for the tip! I didn’t know that.

3 Likes

You will also need a copy of the Family Guy Season 16 DVD for Don’t Be a Dickens at Christmas

4 Likes

I need to get a cardboard Swayze like that with a hat, it would look great next to a festivus pole

5 Likes

I love how Swayze is bigger than the tree, as he should be.

5 Likes

roadhousebigger

A natural consequence of Dalton hearing so many variations of “I thought you’d be bigger” in Road House.

6 Likes