Tonight on Biography...It's your watchalong thread for Parts: The Clonus Horror!

Peter Graves. America Parties. Mysterious Beer Cans. Oh, and (spoiler alert) the rich and powerful cloning themselves for spare organs.

Join us tonight at 8 PM EDT | 7 PM CDT | Etc. for the community watchalong of episode 811 - Parts: The Clonus Horror!!

10 Likes

Even cheap dystopias always seem to feel more and more probable as the years roll on. What’s up with THAT?! :thinking:

(Don’t bother harvesting me, Demagogues. I’m mostly fat, gristle, and cysts at this point.)

7 Likes

I’m not gonna pretend I’d turn down a nice set of 3 or 4 backup livers.

8 Likes

Now I’m picturing an ad with the California Livers.

R.I.P., Will Vinton and Buddy Miles. You were enjoyed.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Yeah, this is a tough one.

5 Likes

Unrelated but also related: in 2005 there was a movie called The Island which turns out to have probably been ripped off from Clonus. At the time I didn’t know this, because of the great lack of MST3K in my life between season five and the DVDs coming out.

But I did have problems with The Island on its own, specifically some plot issues. It upset me so much that I wrote a song about it that night. You can listen to it here: The Island | Chris Combs | Planga-La Laboratories

5 Likes

No probably about it. The makers of Parts sued Dreamworks for copyright infringement. The suit ended up settling out of court for 7 figures.

5 Likes

Oh I know what happened. But settling out of court and the records being sealed means everything still gets “allegedly” status.

3 Likes

If you take a lot of pills and squint really hard the movie twins ripped off the Parts the clonus horror.

I regret nothing

5 Likes

Yo mama’s a rip off!

3 Likes

WOOHOO! Watch Party Friday!

And we got another well-riffed gem from the excellence that was Season Eight!

Let’s do this!

4 Likes

Yes, I planned my return trip to leave ample time for this.

5 Likes

Parts, the Johnny Long torso horror

Hi I’m Peter Graves please note my action batch

5 Likes

Ah yes, time to sit down with an aged libation and partake in one of my favorite moviegoing experiences, the great Anthony Hopkins starring in Parts in Atla---- errrrrr, my apololgies, it appears my reading glasses may not be on correctly…well, then, let’s see, now…

…ah, yes, Parts, The Clonus…Horror? Wait, so no Anthony Hopkins? No “Sleepwalk” by Santo and Johnny on the soundtrack? Not even any nostalgia for forgotten prestige movies of the early 2000’s?

No, my friends, this is going to be all out pain, and I’m…strangely looking forward to it.

I’ll laugh! I’ll cry! I’ll thankfully NOT be kissing my ten bucks goodbye! And I’ll be here, live-riffing along. At least I think so?

Just kidding, super excited for an episode I haven’t seen in a while. See you in less than an hour!

4 Likes

House Guests: The Watchalong Bummer

4 Likes

I hope nothing bad happens in this glorious summer camp

4 Likes

I totally made it!!! !!! !!! Haunt con in the morning!!! Woohoo!!!

6 Likes

Almost time for another episode of Satellite of Love!

3 Likes