Tonight on Biography...It's your watchalong thread for Parts: The Clonus Horror!

Peter Graves. America Parties. Mysterious Beer Cans. Oh, and (spoiler alert) the rich and powerful cloning themselves for spare organs.

Join us tonight at 8 PM EDT | 7 PM CDT | Etc. for the community watchalong of episode 811 - Parts: The Clonus Horror!!

10 Likes

Even cheap dystopias always seem to feel more and more probable as the years roll on. Whatā€™s up with THAT?! :thinking:

(Donā€™t bother harvesting me, Demagogues. Iā€™m mostly fat, gristle, and cysts at this point.)

7 Likes

Iā€™m not gonna pretend Iā€™d turn down a nice set of 3 or 4 backup livers.

8 Likes

Now Iā€™m picturing an ad with the California Livers.

R.I.P., Will Vinton and Buddy Miles. You were enjoyed.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Yeah, this is a tough one.

5 Likes

Unrelated but also related: in 2005 there was a movie called The Island which turns out to have probably been ripped off from Clonus. At the time I didnā€™t know this, because of the great lack of MST3K in my life between season five and the DVDs coming out.

But I did have problems with The Island on its own, specifically some plot issues. It upset me so much that I wrote a song about it that night. You can listen to it here: The Island | Chris Combs | Planga-La Laboratories

5 Likes

No probably about it. The makers of Parts sued Dreamworks for copyright infringement. The suit ended up settling out of court for 7 figures.

5 Likes

Oh I know what happened. But settling out of court and the records being sealed means everything still gets ā€œallegedlyā€ status.

3 Likes

If you take a lot of pills and squint really hard the movie twins ripped off the Parts the clonus horror.

I regret nothing

5 Likes

Yo mamaā€™s a rip off!

3 Likes

WOOHOO! Watch Party Friday!

And we got another well-riffed gem from the excellence that was Season Eight!

Letā€™s do this!

4 Likes

Yes, I planned my return trip to leave ample time for this.

5 Likes

Parts, the Johnny Long torso horror

Hi Iā€™m Peter Graves please note my action batch

5 Likes

Ah yes, time to sit down with an aged libation and partake in one of my favorite moviegoing experiences, the great Anthony Hopkins starring in Parts in Atla---- errrrrr, my apololgies, it appears my reading glasses may not be on correctlyā€¦well, then, letā€™s see, nowā€¦

ā€¦ah, yes, Parts, The Clonusā€¦Horror? Wait, so no Anthony Hopkins? No ā€œSleepwalkā€ by Santo and Johnny on the soundtrack? Not even any nostalgia for forgotten prestige movies of the early 2000ā€™s?

No, my friends, this is going to be all out pain, and Iā€™mā€¦strangely looking forward to it.

Iā€™ll laugh! Iā€™ll cry! Iā€™ll thankfully NOT be kissing my ten bucks goodbye! And Iā€™ll be here, live-riffing along. At least I think so?

Just kidding, super excited for an episode I havenā€™t seen in a while. See you in less than an hour!

4 Likes

House Guests: The Watchalong Bummer

4 Likes

I hope nothing bad happens in this glorious summer camp

4 Likes

I totally made it!!! !!! !!! Haunt con in the morning!!! Woohoo!!!

6 Likes

Almost time for another episode of Satellite of Love!

3 Likes