🦃 Today's Turkey Day Vote is LIVE! 🦃 PARTS: THE CLONUS HORROR pits its limbs against HERCULES!

In today’s Turkey Day confrontation, round-one winner PARTS: THE CLONUS HORROR squares off against HERCULES. Will the godlike Steve Reeves stand up to Peter Graves’ weird science? You must choose!

As a reminder, your votes will be deciding four of the episodes we show in this year’s Turkey Day Marathon, in a single-elimination bracket battle to the death! Or at least to the next round of voting!

New votes will go up on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays by noon ET, and close out 36 hours later. And even when we get to your top four choices, we’ll keep voting anyway to declare a tournament winner.

6 Likes

I’m not big on sword and sandal. The Hercules movies are kind of a slog for me. Parts, on the other hand, is great. It’s not even that bad of a movie.

I’ll probably lose the vote again- but I won’t when I get to America!

8 Likes

Parts is one of my favorite episodes of all time. The riffing is top-shelf in this one.

3 Likes

PARTS! PARTS!!
Animation Character GIF by Greg Gunn

3 Likes

Herc has never been on TD, while Clonus has been there once

Now this is very close for me. I did watch Herc on a forum watch-a-long recently, so I really don’t need to watch it again, on the other hand, it would be a Turkey Day newbie, and that appeals to me.

However, Clonus stars the Crimson Crusader

So it collects bonus points for that

I’ll flip a coin, heads for Herc, tails for Clonus…

5 Likes

He’s a sad-sack there too! Jeez! I mean I know he doesn’t have much to smile about, but cheer up, buddy!

4 Likes

And here’s the results of his trial

2 Likes

Hercules!

That’s it, that’s the post.

3 Likes

I have to be in a certain mood for Hercules movies. (Although precedent has shown that they go down pretty well on Turkey Day.) Parts is always a joy, though.

3 Likes

Proto Island

1 Like

I will honestly vote for any other episode in the entire pantheon over Clonus. I know its my opinion, but Clonus is one of the worst MST episodes period and full stop. It’s gross, its depressing, and even the riffing has a hard time making this stinkburger anything but a slog. There’s definitely worse episodes … but not many.

3 Likes

It’s a shame how that lawsuit panned out. (Context for those who don’t know: The Island is clearly Clonus, and the Clonus people cried fowl, but the court ruled in favor of the huge blockbuster film.)

However, from what I can tell the suit was “their movie is taking away our audience and hurting our sales” and the ruling was “um, yo, ain’t nobody heard of your movie; if anything you’re getting a boost from this major studio’s ripoff.”

I wonder why the argument wasn’t “clearly there are enough specific details to show this is not just a coincidence; we want credit and moneys for having written their movie.” Seems to me that was not only the correct claim to make, but also the one that would have netted more money (“give us a cut of the major studio’s take” vs “pay us what our sales would have been if their movie never existed.”

Anyway, I vote for Clonus.

6 Likes

I’m torn as well, for the mostly the same reasons.

I’m going to think on it and read more posts here before deciding, or flipping a coin.

1 Like

The major studio got hurt, though, and how. Because of it’s huge money loss since they only distributed it in the states, Dreamworks got sold to Paramount which now owns all Dreamworks up to 2010. Warner got the better deal with international rights and the movie doing way better overseas.

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t know. On the one hand, Parts is still a bit depressing for Turkey Day, but the only Hercules movies I can tell apart are Moon Men and the most recent one. Does oiled beefcake go with turkey?

3 Likes

Tofurkules. :wink:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Not even a contest for me here. The Herc movies have never been favorites of mine, and I do like Parts, so I’m going with Parts.

Besides, Parts was the only first round episode I picked that made it through.

3 Likes

Parts. Easily.

Celebrate an American holiday with an America party!

2 Likes