TURKEY DAY TOURNMENT 2021: Battle 7! THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE vs THE TOUCH OF SATAN

We need to get Squirm girl and “Operator?!” girl in a movie with southern “Gary!” girl from Horrors of Spider Island for some real fun, and maybe add in Kyra Sedgwick’s absolutely face-peelingly awful attempt at a southern accent as well.

5 Likes

Can we toss in Officer Hummer from Laserblast? Or really any paunchy, sweaty lawman with a drawl and whose neck has a greater diameter than his cranium.

4 Likes

I wish. We don’t have streaming rights to either. :pensive:

8 Likes

Yah, I can see why Hollywood wants to keep the vault closed on those treasures until it’s time to reboot them.

10 Likes

“Nooooo streaming rights!”
“CURSE YOU, COILY!”

5 Likes

Now I’m curious. What MST episodes are unavailable to stream? Is it more Comedy Central or Sci-Fi? Or simply random?

1 Like

Which Squirm girl? I really liked the Fashionista one. She’s one of those characters who I wanted to rescue and place in a better movie.

[ETA- I’m less bothered by the over-Southerning of the accents than I am at the fact that everyone talks about the terrible heat, but nobody is visibly sweating.]

2 Likes

But he is ready for some football.

1 Like

If you’re going by a proportion of the total, Sci Fi is quite a bit worse, I presume because they didn’t negotiate expecting to need the rights for the long term. By my count, there are 17 Comedy Central episodes we don’t have rights for, and 17 Sci Fi ones, but obviously there were far more Comedy Central eps overall.

8 Likes

I can’t believe we’ve come this far in this thread and no one has told anyone else who’s going to be the worm face yet.

9 Likes

I’d rather offer up a hearty:

“You’ll pay one day, Hayseed!”

or

“You’ll know what’s coming f-a-a-a-r-m-e-r.”

:cow:

2 Likes

Bags not me. My face has already melted off anyway, but it was worth it for the view of the Sun through the rings of Saturn.

5 Likes

YOU gonna be the worm face, Lesley!

4 Likes

Oh, please. The sun is no brighter at Saturn than a well-lit television studio.

Of course, Mike had a problem with those, so… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Voted for Touch of Satan as that was a tremendous and awesome MST3K episode.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought they didn’t have streaming rights for those (Squirm/Melt) - and to see the number of sci-fi eps not available is going to make it tough to do screengrabs for those (since I don’t have a disc drive and have to use streams, either from Shouts MST page or Tubi)

But I like both Melt and Squirm pretty much the same, Melts about ten slots higher in my rankings so I would have given it my vote.

Back to Satan, I’m bummed to see it’s making like Sisyphus, inching forward, then sliding right back to that 47% :angry:

I heard another MSTed witch was upset about this poll, here’s her official statement in regards to those who voted for Brain.

Enjoy your snacks! :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha! :joy:

I really like The Thing That Couldn’t Die and yet I never remember it unless I happen to see a reference to it. It’s weird.

4 Likes

3 Likes

“You ain’t got no good way to go, boy!”
You’re right. Ain no goo boy.

1 Like