Virtual theater isn't playing any videos from any season for me after several days

It’s been a few days now since I’ve noticed initially, but nothing is playing for me in the virtual theater. Everything loads up fine, the animations all happen when you load a movie, the curtain opens, the video appears to load. Then you press play and nothing happens.

Is this happening for anyone else? I’ve refreshed the page, restarted my browser/operating system/waited a few days, but nothing yet.

Accessing videos through the regular site seems to work fine, but the virtual theater is the issue here (which I like to watch the older seasons through.)

Windows 10 desktop / Chrome browser.

3 Likes

Confirmed here—I’m not able to get anything to play in the Virtual Theater in either Safari or Chrome.

Sending up the @Ivan signal.

Ben Affleck Rain GIF by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

2 Likes

Just a bit more digging: The Vimeo OTT status page lists a playback issue from four days ago, but limited to Safari only. I wonder if this is related/similar.

3 Likes

Same here.

I noticed this on Friday (in Chrome, Brave & Edge browsers) when I went to play the community watchalong movie, but I figured it was just my computer being weird. All episodes do play normally for me on gizmoplex.com, though. Meant to post something about the issue then and forgot!

3 Likes

Good info, thanks!

If anyone had this issue before Friday, August 4 please let us know.

1 Like

Weird. For me, the video loads and I get a split second view of the first frame and then it goes black and hitting play does nothing.

I always watch through the theater.

3 Likes

Same here, I noticed it Friday at the same time, in Chrome on two different computers, but when it worked at the other website I completely forgot about it. I tried again earlier today, with the same results. The play button just does nothing.

2 Likes

More info from today’s KS update:

You can still watch the available classic episodes on Gizmoplex.com.

10 Likes

Yeah, saw that.

But…

It’s my fault y’all.

Along with being the new network backup server for my computers and Tablo dvr, the refurbished Mac mini was going to finally let me use the virtual theater on my tv. For the first time since it debuted.

I jinxed it.

I’m sorry.

8 Likes

C’mon, man … [shakes head disappointedly at you]

2 Likes

psychcmonson1

4 Likes

We get this. Movies, shorts, the exact same thing. Code-5 (From Outer Space).

[whoops, misread that, never mind]

The virtual theater is still down for repairs. You need to go through the VHX site.

5 Likes

Was this error from using the Roku app, or the website? If it was the website, what address did you go to?

The Roku.