Wa-wa watchalong, Wa-wa watchalong! Join us as we cosplay our favorite 70’s relief pitchers and watch Angels Revenge.

This is a special episode for me and I want to share it with the best people to watch an episode with.

Angel’s Revenge was the first time I came across MST3k. I was alone late at night clamoring for an old movie to put me to sleep. I wanted a 50’s movie but I could settle. At first I didn’t love the silhouettes. But they got me with the Flintstones kids riff! I didn’t watch the show again for another 4+ years but when I did cemented as a part of my personality.

Please come watch this especially weird episode with us at 7 central/ 8 eastern
Here’s a link

P.S. a relief pitcher I know of is Denny Lemaster

12 Likes

I will enjoy it.

Join us, won’t you?

And does voting continue in the main thread, or has a winner been chosen?

5 Likes

Old ‘Stros uniform!

3 Likes

You know it!

3 Likes

I don’t think I can get my Mad Hungarian 'stache done in time for Friday.

7 Likes

Welp, if you want a decent Angel’s relief pitcher from the 70s…

I can make that face… kind of a slightly concerned but playing it cool, gassy look, that says, “Geeze, I hope that was just a fart” - gimme the hat and my MST3K stress ball as a stand-in for a baseball, and I’m all Dave’d up!

7 Likes

OIP

But is it fair that Frank and Dr. F already claimed two of the best?

10 Likes

dave grohl GIF

6 Likes

Just to be clear, Bill Lee was a relief pitcher in '71. The year of my birth. So that counts.

I think he would appreciate a good Charlie’s Angels giggle-fest ripoff with 'bots.

5 Likes

Yes, Frank is trying to be Tug McGraw, but he’s not in the correct uniform.

4 Likes

Still gets points for the Leg Up.

4 Likes

Does this mean we’re in for some kung foo fighting?

4 Likes

Possibly a judo chop

3 Likes

Sad Jim Backus Interlude

3 Likes

WOOHOO! Watch Party Friday!

Really excited for this one! So much MST goodness happening here!

Let’s do this!

4 Likes

So, the brown acid is OK, right?

3 Likes

That’s totally Jimmy Tingle, the long ago Boston stand-up comedian

FYI Season 6 episode 22. Can you believe they used to be able to crank out 20+ episodes in a season??

3 Likes

My dad describes this episode as follows: “There were these ladies in white jumpsuits, and they were… actually, I’m not sure what they were doing.”

5 Likes

So is it Palance or Pulance?

That, (deep breath), would be for you, (deep breath), to decide!!!

1 Like

I haven’t seen this episode in at least two years. I probably don’t remember a thing.

4 Likes