Weird Movie Suggestions for my 12-year-old Daughter

Dark Star is pretty talky. I’m trying to avoid the talkier movies.

3 Likes

I’ll throw in a few suggestions I haven’t seen on here yet.

Voyage of the Rock Aliens
The Last Shark
Freaked
Manborg
Miami Connection
Ninja Busters
Spaced Invaders
Spookies
Turbo Kid

I can help get you copies of any of these.

5 Likes

I know you said she’s seen every cartoon but this one was good, if you haven’t seen it yet:

2 Likes

I’m not a huge lover of anime, but she likes it, so maybe I’ll tell her about it.

2 Likes

Troll 2?

3 Likes

Mentioned elsewhere, but tossing it out there again: I was about 12 when I first saw Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Other than the song “Puberty Love” (written and sung by a teenaged Matt Cameron!) I don’t recall anything too over-the-line about it, but then again that was a lot of years ago.

4 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything over-the-line about it either, and I admit I haven’t seen it since I was a kid, but I can’t say I loved it. There were funny moments, but it wasn’t that great. Maybe I’d feel differently as an adult.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, can’t believe I forgot to recommend Freaked. An absolute diamond.

4 Likes

IMHO the sequel, which I already mentioned above, is far far superior. And has actual production value so it’s easier on the eyeballs.

4 Likes

Plus it has Real Original Gomez in it!

2 Likes

I’ll watch anything with John Astin.

3 Likes

The man is a treasure.

2 Likes

Joke?

Joke?

JOKE?

The Marble League is no joke, sir! It is a thrilling sports spectacular beloved by millions of fans around the world! It is the only modern major sporting event in the world which has remained free from the taint of scandal. In fact, all the competitors are routinely tested to ensure they have no taint.

:angry:

Crazy Cats Eyes they know how!
Crazy Cats Eyes meow meow meow!

:smiley_cat:

3 Likes

I think tonight will either be Nothing But Trouble or A Town Called Panic.

3 Likes

I love Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, but there are some racist and homosexual jokes in it.

4 Likes

Oh well forget it then. There’s already enough issues with Forbidden Zone despite her loving it. But the whole point of that movie is to be offensive.

2 Likes

Ooooh I love this one! Haven’t thought about it in forever. Thanks for reminding me.

3 Likes

She decided on Beware! The Blob! tonight. Which is fine because I adore that movie. If I ever got to choose an MST3K movie, it would be that one.

3 Likes

Tommy.

2 Likes

No way am I showing a 12-year-old Tommy.

4 Likes