Weird promotion message

I’m assuming this is somehow tied to the updated backer status, but I just received this in my alerts:

I’ve been a ‘Regular’ for some time (and as far as I know, never lost that status). Anyone have any light to shed?

5 Likes

I got it too. I’ve been a Regular for awhile. I noticed on my profile page it says I’m a Member, but I have the Regular badge and it still says I’m a Regular if you click my avatar next to posts.

3 Likes

Same here. I got the promotion message and was already a Regular.

2 Likes

You get a promotion and you get a promotion and YOU get a PROMOTION!!

…to the same level you were at this morning.

Anticlimactic, TBH.

6 Likes

I think it was an unintended consequence of the backer status coming and going from our profiles.

Perhaps Ivan had to kill us briefly as part of the transformation rites. When discobot saw us reanimate, it thought we were all new members.

Now Ivan will be more powerful than ever.

6 Likes

A live look in on @ivan:

I’m the god! I’m the GOD!

14 Likes

I also got “promoted” to Member today, and I appear to have lost my Regular status and my Regular badge.

2 Likes

I got a promotion message too, but I honestly don’t know where to see what level I’m at.

2 Likes

It’s possible to lose Regular status if you don’t continue to meet the criteria, though I don’t know if that’s what happened to you.

2 Likes

I think your level can be seen as a choice under “Title” in Preferences.

3 Likes

Mine just says “Backer” like it always has.

2 Likes

Hah, I decided it was a demotion

3 Likes

I’ve never had the backer status and for some reason I didn’t get the “Regular” badge when I thought I should have so…

…look, I need this. Don’t take my REGULAR away!!!

4 Likes

I hate to be that guy, but you’ve been a Regular since August.

https://forums.mst3k.com/badges/3/regular

3 Likes

Oh, well, THAT’S JUST GREAT. THANKS.

2 Likes

I know. I suck.

2 Likes

You might have mentioned it any time in the past two months where it came up that I wasn’t a regular and couldn’t figure out why! I mean, as long as you don’t have a life or anything.

It occurs to me, though, that there may have been some sort of “clog” in the badge system that Ivan flushed today, and that’s why we’re seeing the emails and new badges. 'cause I certainly didn’t have the badge before and WHOA, where’d that “K” come from? Never had that before, either!

4 Likes

Member status. I’ve been recognized for this before, but never celebrated.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to up my game. I don’t want the algorithm to be disappointed in me.

3 Likes

All this talk of “clogs,” “flushing,” and being “regular”… are you getting enough fiber in your diet?

4 Likes