'We'll Send Them Spoopy Movies' - Or best horror MST3K episodes

It is October 1st, which means halloween is almost upon us. As such, one of my IRL friends just asked what would be an appropriate horror/‘scary’ movie to watch with their teen daughter. I, of course, said MST3K (among other things). So, what’s our favorite Spoopy episodes (Meant to be scary, but are just silly.)

5 Likes

I’m going to suggest a two-way tie for the goofiest “scary monsters”:

– The Eye (Eye) Creatures, specifically the ones wearing the eye creature heads with khakis. They just didn’t care!

– The Hot Dog Monster from Monster at Party Beach:

I mean… come on, man

6 Likes

I’d say The Thing That Couldn’t Die. It starts with the silliest inciting incident I’ve ever seen (a young psychic senses a great evil buried on the farm; everyone else decides that money is the root of all evil, so she must have sensed buried gold, and they immediately get to digging) and features a mute severed head who somehow manages to overact using nothing but his eyebrows. Throw in a laughable anticlimax and some top-tier riffing (I particularly enjoy them voicing the head) and you’ve got a classic.

7 Likes

I’ll vote for The Creeper… er, I mean The Brute Man. Though partly because it’s an episode with a short.

1 Like

I actually find that mouth kind of hard to look at. Pushes my buttons.

Trying to think of a horror movie that is fast-paced enough that a teenager wouldn’t get bored. Here’s three:

Zombie Nightmare: Genius riffing, ridiculous “teen” characters, and Adam West. Plus who doesn’t love Motorhead’s “Ace of Spades?”

I Was A Teenage Werewolf: An actual good movie. Michael Landon is great in it.

Devil Fish: Another top tier riffing episode. Amazingly cheesy movie that never crosses over into creepy skeeziness (like say, Hobgoblins or Attack of the the Eye Creatures).

2 Likes

I’m Peter Graves, and this week on A&E Biography; It Conquered the World, starring Lee Van Cleef, who is in no way whatsoever a master ninja.
download

5 Likes

Let’s not forget The Screaming Skull, which might have worked better as a Night Gallery segment.

3 Likes

The Creeping Terror, featuring one of the most horrific, unnatural things put on film- the dance sequence!

Also, there’s a monster.

1 Like

Whurwhilf is spoopy for a few seconds and a blast to watch

2 Likes

The octopus from Bride Of The Monster, particularly the first “attack”.

That smirking pickle learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature, and because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned too late for himself that men have to find their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can’t be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And when men seek such perfection, they find only death. Fire. Loss. Disillusionment. The end of everything that’s gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. But it can’t be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope. But it has to come from inside. From man himself . . .

1 Like

"Touch of Satan…“gramma Kramer”…:musical_note:What do you get when you fall from grace…:musical_note::joy: