What are you listening to right now?

…And thinking about Castle of Fu Manchu led me back to thinking about this theme from a movie I’ve yet to see. (Ray Davies co-penned the song originally. I believe that it offended U.S. radio programmers during the Vietnam War and they refused to play it.)

Leon Bibb was such a good singer. His son Eric is an accomplished Blues artist.

1 Like

Rammsteins newest (just a few days old)

3 Likes

This weekend’s spins:

megadeth

1 Like

lol. Remember when Lisa Germano and the Calexico/Giant Sand guys did their Rule 63! version of “Sand”? :rofl:

2 Likes
6 Likes

Emily Remler (1957-1990) :cry:

2 Likes

Smoove.

Makes me think of Al Di Meola.
https://yandex.com/video/preview/?filmId=11377827261581183389&from=tabbar&parent-reqid=1651537510406485-15621304394097286829-sas2-0820-842-sas-l7-balancer-8080-BAL-347&text=al+di+meola

2 Likes

The Firesign Theatre is before my time, but, wow — their material is something else and absolutely holds up. So many layers and very well written.

For some reason I’ve been listening to early 70’s comedy concept albums today, including some stuff from the National Lampoon (though those are a lot more vulgar and dated than most of Firesign’s stuff).

2 Likes

Another way neat Philly artist. Just sayin’. (Psst!! JOEL!!)

3 Likes

Someone who looked concerned in Souptaper.

2 Likes

As heard in that scene they deleted from Chicago v. Hoppy. :musical_keyboard: :cricket:

1 Like

In my book, the most lyrically depressing Cure song.

1 Like

I’m a fan of Yellow Magic Orchestra and Haruomi Hosono, so of course I’ve been listening to this surprisingly awesome (and funny) cover he did of “Close To You” with Wilco drummer Jim O’Rourke:

It’s interesting how changing all the “you” pronouns to “me” turns this Carpenters chestnut from romantic pining into exaggeratedly hilarious self-adulation :yum:

1 Like

It’s that song that Servo references a lot!

3 Likes

Korn. For some reason

2 Likes

This weekend’s albums

2 Likes

Last album I purchased on vinyl.
prince controversy GIF

Did I mention Robert made Morrissey cry?

4 Likes

This new gem. Blessed be any fans of MCR in this forum who are finding out about their new single through this thread :black_heart:

2 Likes

Sirius XM 80s big 40 countdown for the week of 1987. End credit song for that Cusack movie, Hot Pursuit.

4 Likes

It was apparently a red vinyl day today

4 Likes