What are you watching right now???

Finally catching up on Petit LeMans (10hr sports car race at Road Atlanta that ends the IMSA season)

Was busy working most of the day Saturday and watched NASCAR at Dega today… Glad that they were able to fire up the Siireeeeeeeennnn at the Pool Room today :+1::rotating_light::fireworks:

1 Like

Lucifer

3 Likes

Impractical Jokers on TruTV Season 9: Episode 15

2 Likes

Supposedly, the new Quantum Leap picks up at about the 3rd episode.

3 Likes

Just to remind myself that there was a time when Carol Lynley could do good acting in good movies

1 Like

Blue’s Clues’s movie will be released before MST3K The Christmas Dragon, which means all three hosts have that stage before we get any of the sort on the satellite

3 Likes

Update: I have watched the Rifftrax Gumby: The Movie

SPOILERS TO FOLLOW

STOP READING IF YOU DON’T WANT SPOILERS

So… I give it a 3/5. A few LOLs and plenty of chuckles but nothing that sticks in my mind like some of the lines from Birdemic or Samurai Cop. But this was a tough one – the movie is so weird that it was hard for the riffs to even compete. I mean, how do you pay attention to the riffs when the hero of your children’s movie has just been decapitated? How much more absurdity can you pile onto a children’s claymated movie about farm loan interest rates?

The one riff segment that stands out to me is when Goo transforms from a regular clay blob creature into a flying wizard of some sort. THAT was funny.

Of all the crazy s**t in this movie though I cannot get over the fact that Gumby asks a medieval guard if he can borrow his crossbow, takes it, leaves the Universe the guard lives in, fires the ONLY bolt at Evil Gumby (which has no effect), and then THROWS THE CROSSBOW AWAY. Hello Gumby do you know what the word BORROW means?!?!?

Worth a watch but wouldn’t put it in my top ten. Still, no regrets :smile:

4 Likes

The TV shows my housemate and I are actively in the middle of watching / rewatching:

The Witcher
Floor Is Lava
House of the Dragon
MasterChef
Hell’s Kitchen
Cobra Kai
She-Hulk
Andor
Star Trek: TNG
Star Trek: Discovery
Star Trek: Lower Decks
The X-Files
SeaQuest DSV
Sailor Moon Crystal
Welcome to Wrexham
Buzzfeed: Unsolved

The shows I’m additionally actively watching / rewatching:

Space: 1999
MASH
Law & Order
(first 5 seasons only)
Monstrum
The Repair Shop
Halt and Catch Fire
Hell On Wheels
Tokyo Vice

and of course Mystery Science Theater 3000.

:no_mouth: :no_mouth: :no_mouth:

And people look at me weird when I say, “Sorry, can’t start in on Supernatural, Better Call Saul, or The Clone Wars.

1 Like

Clone Wars is pretty good tho.

1 Like

So I’ve heard…I watched the movie and the first few episodes and didn’t really get into it, though I’m told it gets much, much better. And with the current / upcoming SW live action shows drawing so heavily on Clone Wars and Rebels, I’d really like to watch them both, but in no current universe can I commit to 208 episodes of a show (short or not) right now.

Same problem with the former “Netflix” Marvel shows. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Clone Wars and Rebels was my Lockdown Project. Likely wouldn’t have managed it otherwise.

2 Likes

I am of the mind that anything with the Star Wars label on it in the past 20 years is totally worth a look. (Clearly, your mileage may vary.)

2 Likes

Disney apparently disagrees.

2 Likes

I think that even if I’d missed the credits and had no clue what I was watching, I’d have known it was a Charles B. Pierce production… it’s got that docudrama feel to it, the urgency in the dialog, as if every word was the most important and profound words ever spoken, the cornpone humor, a heavy folklore vibe (it’s based on a true story). And that it’s not all that good, but you still kind of enjoy watching it (but that could just be me).

5 Likes

Found an 80’s/90’s anime playlist on YT, so enjoying that currently.

Having another go at getting into Lupin.

1 Like

James Bond is now entirely on Prime Video for its 60th anniversary. I’m watching them in order, I just finished Dr. No and starting From Russia Piss Glove
james bond great day GIF

3 Likes

I bet they don’t have the first James Bond filmed appearance though…

1 Like

“American spy James Bond”

3 Likes

I believe he’s called ‘Jimmy’ for much of the show. I’ve only read about it though, not seen it.

1 Like

As I mentioned elsewhere, you can feel Ben Johnson and Andrew Prine trying to save it.

2 Likes