What are you watching right now???

2 Likes

6 Likes

Peter and David Paul, aka the Barbarian Brothers, in The Babysitters (1994). Genuinely jaw-dropping, in all sorts of ways. Watch just a few minutes and you’ll get the picture. The rest is… much much more of it.
Edit: Oh my God, one of them just dressed up as the Metaluna Mutant!

2 Likes

Apocalypse Now.

Yes, for the millionth time. Maybe it’s the Paddy’s Irish and the mixed “iced coffee” mixer, about which I’m very ashamed.

But, in truth, it’s that I found out that this very good coworker on my team at work was a 1st Lt. in army from 1960 to 1968. I assume LT1 was his final rank, no idea about his background. Doesn’t seem like a college guy, but maybe OCS or field promotion.

I don’t think that I’m going to ask him about that, but I did give him a jovial “Officer and a gentleman” once I saw his picture and rank on the wall. He was not ashamed, and appreciated the respect I gave him. I’ve always given him, though…him and everybody else on me team.

I knew that my OpsMgr was MSGT AF, did 20 years in service. And one of our other OpsMgrs pulled SMSGT (“Senior master sergeant”), but not directly in my department.

So, I don’t know.

I think the Texan, 1LT, was pretty flattered when I briefly jostled him about it. He’s a plain-spoken guy, just moved up here to be close to his grandchildren, but I always wondered how come he’s so polite and plain-spoken, and yet, never bristled one bit when I unloaded some very salty language in his earshot.

He’s probably heard a bunch of shot.

3 Likes

Stanley Cup Game 3 Let’s go AVS!

2 Likes

I decided today to watch The Bubble, which will be featured later this season. I am 90 seconds in and I am already angry.

3 Likes

I don’t expect tonight to be anything like Saturday night. Then again, I don’t know that anyone expected Saturday night to be like it was.

They got less fight-happy as they dug their way out of the hole. But when NYR was leading in the series and in game 3, they were getting rather fighty.

1 Like

No, I am not expecting another rout like Saturday. They have back-to-back Cups for a reason.

But, man the fighting just needs to stop. This isn’t the 1990s anymore. People don’t go to a fight and a hockey game breaks out. It’s just the opposite these days. I get the frustration, but that isn’t the way to deal with it.

That’s an entirely different kind of game. :rofl:

2 Likes

Damn typos. LOL!

EDIT: Man blue lipstick is NOT a good look!

1 Like

Okay, this is now sufficiently weird enough as to be enjoyable… so far.

EDIT: NOPE, ANGRY AGAIN. “Eight and a half months too late” is… BOOOOOOOOOO.

1 Like

She had that last year as well. I can’t help wondering if she’s single-handedly keeping that color line from being discontinued.

1 Like

Devil Fish

3 Likes

Man, after reading the story behind that movie I am utterly shocked it actually got made. Poor Coppola had to deal with so much s-word to get that film off the ground. Between the horrible weather, dealing with helicopter crews that often had to fly off at a moment’s notice to put down Communist insurgents in other parts of the Philippines, the copious amounts of drugs on set, Martin Sheen suffering a massive heart attack in the middle of filming, the unplanned year-long shooting schedule, oh and let’s not forget, MARLON EFFIN’ BRANDO being a total contrarian on set, it’s a miracle that film ever made it to print.

There’s a behind the scenes documentary that showcases a lot of what Coppola had to do to get that film made. I think it’s called Hearts of Darkness.

3 Likes

The film was almost derailed completely that time Brando swallowed a bug.

2 Likes

“OH NO, NOT THE ORPHANS!”

3 Likes

This is F-U-N!

2 Likes

Mets-Astros. One of my favorite teams against the renowned cheaters.

1 Like

I don’t even watch baseball and I knew immediately which team was which!

2 Likes