What games have you played recently?

Which is fine, but it makes it uninteresting to me

1 Like

Also, I really question a game whose designers specifically built a genitalia size option into the game.

Thatā€™sā€¦ kind of creepy?

2 Likes

Please tell me cod pieces are an armor slot, too, and I might go play it

4 Likes

As a sidenote, I loved Wasteland 3. I love any game that is actively trying to corrupt me and turn me into a villain. That has been one of the only two "apocalypse game experience"s that made me genuinely understand how good people can turn bad in Mad Max wastelandsā€¦

Plus! When you actually clean up Colorado and become the new law enforcement agency you get the full cop-RP experience bc everyone lowkey hates you

4 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed both Pillars games on multiple playthroughs but just havenā€™t been able to get into Baldurā€™s 3. Tyranny is a good one as well, as long as you donā€™t mind that youā€™re one of the bad guys and your associates are worse.

3 Likes

Tyranny has blipped on my radar a few times, ill go check into it

2 Likes

IIRC it really doesnā€™t effect anything ingame, so itā€™s just a personal preference thing.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed Wasteland 3, but I got near the end and had to deal with some big boss that I couldnā€™t pass (itā€™s been too long, I donā€™t remember what) and I tried over and over and finally gave up because there was also no real way for me to level up anymore or anything.

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t that make it creepier though? ā€œWeā€™re going to make it so you can have a guy with a huge dingus if you want. Or a microscopic one. It has no effect on gameplay whatsoever, but weā€™ve spent time and effort putting it into the game for you anyway.ā€

1 Like

Tyranny is great for multiple playthroughs as well because of all the different paths to completing the game. It also has my favorite magic management system of any of the wizard-y RPGs so if youā€™re into that sort of thing.

1 Like

I mean, your character wears underwear as a default so it shouldnā€™t be noticeable unless you seek it out. I guess they wanted to give players plenty of choices.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, that also makes it creepy to me.

To be clear, Iā€™m not talking about the players here. What Iā€™m talking about is that someone in that company decided to spend money and time and effort on a pointless ā€œfeatureā€ which enables you to change the size of your characterā€™s junk and itā€™s creepy.

2 Likes

I kinda understand the logic, but I think itā€™s kind of appealing to the lowest common denominator or grossly, grossly over discussed in every single review Iā€™ve penned through. Iā€™m not even going to aim for the low hanging fruit (har har) here and claim itā€™s for perverts. I donā€™t think thatā€™s totally true (it just super helped the modding community).

There are a few universal gag tropes: the frustrated DM. The mage who shoots magic missiles at the darkness, and finally the character that rolls to seduce every encounter.

Congrats to that exactly one type of player, here is your game

2 Likes

Oh please nobody think im taking a moral highground; I nuked the NCR, Caesars Legion, and killed Mr House. I am not judging.

3 Likes

So youā€™ve seen Dory over in the Pathfinder campaign.

2 Likes

I let Raedric keep his wretched life and lynched his hobo brother out in the countryside and I kind of regret itā€¦

2 Likes

Is this like the BIG-TRUCK thing? If you enhance your characters ā€˜junkā€™ youā€™re compensating? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Who knows? I seem to remember a game a long time ago (it might have even been a Tomb Raider game?) where it got out that there was a way to change a female characterā€™s breast size. There was a big outcry.

I guess they avoided calls of sexism by making this ā€˜sizeā€™ thing apply to both male and female genitalia in BG3, but itā€™s still really freakinā€™ creepy if you ask me.

1 Like

Agree!

2 Likes

This is a great example of what I was whining about from a company that I used to adore

2 Likes