Favorite Point & Click Games

In honor of the tour of the Gizmoplex last night, let’s talk about our favorite Point and Click Adventure games! Mine is Torin’s Passage, which was released in 1995. The plot and dialogue is entertaining, and I love the Don Bluth-like animation style. I have named several TTRPG characters after this game.

What is your favorite?

6 Likes

Never been much of a video gamer, but I looooved Myst and Riven back in the day.

6 Likes

Maniac Mansion
Day of the Tentacle
Labyrinth
Monkey Island
Indiana Jones
Full Throttle

MM and DoT were the only ones I ever finished. I got stuck in the other games and lost interest. Got tired of hearing “I can’t do that,” “I can’t pick that up,” “I can’t do that.”

8 Likes

The 7th Guest was a good one too.

3 Likes

I thought The Adventures of Willy Beamish was some ridiculous fun back in the day.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I have that game but never got around to playing it! And I’m sure it wouldn’t work in my current computer.

1 Like

Amanita Design’s games, specifically the Samorost series.

3 Likes

Emerald City Confidential is a favorite of mine - it’s a private eye adventure set in Oz. Based on the books, not the movies!

3 Likes

The first 3 Monkey Island Games, Day of the Tentacle, and Sam and Max Hit the Road are classics. Thimbleweed Park is a modern version of those games and well worth a play.

4 Likes

Ooh, I’ll have to look at that. I just started a read-through of the series.

2 Likes

Day of the Tentacle is my all-time favourite. I could beat it with my eyes closed. I’m also a big fan of some of the newer titles like Thimbleweed Park, Machinarium, and Trüberbrook. An MST3K point and click would be AMAZING.

3 Likes

I’m not hugely into them but my favourite is Beneath a Steel Sky but I also really like the Broken Sword games.

5 Likes

Knut Mueller’s RHEM series is my favourite. Also enjoyed Cyan’s Obduction from a few years back.

3 Likes

Wanted to play that one, but it’s system requirements were beyond me.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I didn’t enter until after the age of point and click, bt I did enjoy the Sam and Max Telltale games and outside of one specific character, what I’ve played of Deponia.

4 Likes

If you have Windows, check to see if Gog.com has it. They have a launcher that includes an emulator for older games.

3 Likes

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max: Freelance Police

Never beat Myst or any of the sequels.

5 Likes

Favorite episode of Freelance?

1 Like