What host segment made you laugh so hard you couldn't breathe?

The end of that season’s Hercules flick, where they all start singing wordlessly along with the finale, just kills me. All the sword 'n sandal movies end with that style of singing, and yet it’s the first time we saw the hosts copy it for laughs.

7 Likes

:smiley:

That singing ending was a joy. Everyone involved totally sold it in classic MST3K fashion!

7 Likes

“DEBBIE! I smashed a window in for you baby!”

18 Likes

From one of Jonah’s seasons, I lost my marbles when GPC shows up as The Grimace. Soooo random and threatening!
mst3k1201birthdaygoneawary

11 Likes

For whatever reason, I absolutely adore segments where they re-create musical numbers from the movie. “Are You Happy in Your Work?” is a real treat, as mentioned earlier in the thread. I can’t even imagine how many times they needed to rehearse that to get it right.

Another one that I don’t think has been mentioned yet is “Idiot Control Now.” The recreation of the recording session is pretty straightforward, but the mangled lyrics are just brilliant. Also, I am the proud owner of a t-shirt that says I’M A VIRGIN Islander St. Thomas.

9 Likes

Funnier every time I see it.

#chickenpuppet

17 Likes

That would make it a visual novel developed by 5pb.

4 Likes

“Someone sent US a BannerGram!”

From Mike just going non-stop, to Joel and the Bots mischievous “Oh Dr. Forrester…” to Dr. F’s “DON’T YOU DO IT”, the whole thing is just… Chef’s kiss

6 Likes

The llama bit, Winky…I just realized my taste in comedy involves a lot of shouting.

“…and it’s getting hard to sleep at night and I’m tasting metal.”

To this day “Bart the Battlin’ Belgian Endive” is a phrase that occasionally floats to the surface of my brain, unbidden , for no particular reason.

12 Likes

mst3k507iaccusejoel

Joel’s silly look forever.

14 Likes

I agree with so many of these (the Bergman sketch is OUTSTANDING and I believe has the distinction of being the longest host segment ever) but the William Conrad Fridge Alert – featuring Frank and Trace totally breaking character – will always live in my heart.

22 Likes

I don’t remember the episode, but it involves Tom Servo buying some windows and ends with with Crow going a bit crazy with Mike getting beer replacing the windows given by Tom Servo. That was some great stuff and I enjoyed those segments from that episode quite a bit.

5 Likes

Loved this segment and the others from this episode. Great stuff and is my favorite series of segments (as I stated myself below further in thread).

4 Likes

Never gets old!

15 Likes

DEBBIE!!!

The episode is Devil Doll: MST3K 818 - Devil Doll | MST3K | Fandom

8 Likes

I don’t remember which episode it is, but there’s one where Mike dresses like Michael Flatley and he and the Bots “Riverdance” behind the counter of the SOL. You just see their upper bodies bouncing up and down while lightning-fast tap dancing sound effects play. For some reason I couldn’t stop laughing at that one.

And the one where Servo’s fondness for imitating Granny Clampett (JEEEDDDD) devolves into a psychotic episode from which he has to be talked down. True Theater of the Absurd stuff.

10 Likes

That’s episode 813, Jack Frost. That segment really is genius.

8 Likes

I love it when they go into Midwestern mode! It comes so natural to them

5 Likes

Like the first one. Not so much the second. Oh, well…

2 Likes

I recognize Lucille Ball and Lucy Van Pelt, but I’m sure who the others are. Anyone?

5 Likes