What host segment made you laugh so hard you couldn't breathe?

Indira Gandhi (lower L.) and Patsy Cline (lower R.) and of course the Venus di Milo statue.

[ETA - Oh, and feel like the woman up top holding the spoon must be Julia Child…?]

6 Likes

I love the line:

Did you have any children?

(Pauses) I don’t remember!

5 Likes

It’s probably just me on this one, but I will always love when Joel and the bots formed their own “funk fusion TV action band” and sang “Master Ninja Theme Song” as the episode ended.

17 Likes

Oh, yes. That one was really good. I love the sword and sandal movies. They’re so good for riffing and usually, they’re pretty fun on their own as well. The operatic singing at the end was icing on a delicious cake.

4 Likes

10 Likes

When they go back in the theater:
sarcastically “Really great sketch, Joel.”
“I know.”

It’s great. It’s like when they form the jazz trio in Secret Agent Super Dragon.

8 Likes

It’s not the best bit, but I always enjoy the visual of Servo nude.

12 Likes

Two spring to mind.
The first, from the KTMA season, the first time they did “Time of the Apes”, Joel is absent this episode and the bots have to do the riff themselves; at one point after a commercial break, Joel appears to be back in the control room, but it turns out its Cambot rolling a tape from an earlier episode, Tom calls him out on it, prompting the doors to close again and we zoom out to see Tom and Crow discussing how Joel’s apparent return was an illusion. And so is this! The doors close and we zoom out to see Tom and Crow discussing how confusing that was.

The second, in season 12’s riff of “Mac and Me”, poking fun at the aliens’ weird long-distance whistling communication, Jonah tries to ask Max something by whistling like the aliens in the movie (complete with Mac’s odd hand gestures), however, there seems to be some trouble hearing one another; eventually Jonah, the Bots, Max, Kinga and Synthia are all in on it trying to decipher what everyone else is whistling. Featuring the wonderfully silly “English to Alien Whistling Phrase Book As Featured In The Hit Movie Mac and Me Sponsored by Your Local Coke Bottler”

10 Likes

Why I know I was ready for marriage (back in the day):

We’ll be puttering around the kitchen, or stuck in traffic, or whatever, and one of us will, for no reason, start off the :musical_note: Master Ninja THEME SONG :musical_note: Then the other person just picks it up and runs with it.

Hi-KEEBA!!

9 Likes

“The hell… Tom Servo, you’re naked!”

6 Likes

The Minnesota references, cuz we live here
The Gamera episodes with the kids that keep asking for a Coke
The song “Oh where is my werewolf”
pretty much anything from Pumaman.

7 Likes

This was so flawlessly executed. It was a masterpiece. Every incidental environmental sound effect, the camera movements, the black and white…* chef’s kiss *

8 Likes

The last segment in ‘Final Justice,’ when Mike thought he could escape because he had now seen a really bad Joe Don Baker film. I was literally on the floor in the living room, desperately trying to keep my laughter in so I could hear the rest of it.

6 Likes

Not the world’s best episode, for me. But yeah that meta wrap-up, plus “Mike’s Tripping,” with Pearl losing it… those are the good stuff.

5 Likes

I love the “Mike’s tripping!” bit. I’ll randomly interrupt my long-suffering wife with this phrase. Again. And again. And again.

7 Likes

I think my favorite thing in this joke is how they do a slow pan between the bots that takes soooo long to complete in each direction, and then they pull back and the bots are like three inches apart

:joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

In The Catalina Caper when Crow asks Joel what the 60’s was like, and Joel goes on a long rant that goes from the SOL into the theater, cracks me up every time.

10 Likes

What I especially like is that Joel’s rant actually captures what the Sixties were like, for most people his age. The big rock festivals were something you heard about second- or third-hand, and you were much more concerned with events in your personal life.

8 Likes

Because of that beautiful rant, “Peace, love, and pizza rolls!” is a standard catchphrase in our household. :joy:

9 Likes

I submit that this and the Noh Theater sketch are two of the most clever sketches they do in the entire series.

9 Likes