What Movie or Television Series Do You Wish Exists

My concerns about doing Myth Adventures with modern sensibilities would be Trollia where the men are trolls and the women are trollops, and more iffy, Don Bruce the Fairy Godfather.

Doesn’t mean I don’t want to see it more or less as written.

4 Likes

The Mr. Brooks (2007) sequels. Kevin Costner and William Hurt as a split-personality serial killer. So much to mine and explore that never will be.

1 Like

I’ll grant that Tananda could pose sensibility problems, but Don Bruce always read as Don Correlone to me (which I think was the point) so I don’t see the issues with him.

It’s been a while since I read the books, but I don’t think we ever actually visit Trollia do we? You just have Tananda and Chumley as characters. And to be fair, the books did do an awful lot to subvert the tropes it used. Tanda was intelligent and an expert assassin. Chumley was sophisticated and refined.

2 Likes

I have to wonder if that ending won’t be better than the miniseries.

2 Likes

Though Wolfgang Peterson made it a part of many people’s 80’s childhood, I’ve longed to see a version of The Neverending Story that was more faithful to the concepts and structure of Michael Ende’s book (in it, Atreyu has green skin, and Falkor’s design is moreso based on a Chinese dragon in design).

I could see this being told as an 8-10 part miniseries

2 Likes

Yeah, but it’s my understanding (I’ve never read the book), that Bastian is really unlikeable for at least a great portion of the novel. Which is on purpose, but wouldn’t work well for TV.

2 Likes

Court procedural spoof based on tabletop rpg rules lawyering.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s not already on the air, what with the whole D&D OGL situation right now.

1 Like

Speaking of D&D, I want to see a huge fantasy battle scene a la Lord of the Rings with thousands of warriors about to do battle, when suddenly, giant multi-sided dice roll through the battlefield, crushing bodies right and left. Zoom out and show that a player rolled a 1.

3 Likes

The Canadian animated Doctor Who series that was going to be developed in the 80s.

7 Likes

Whaaaaa???

3 Likes

From the company that animated the Droids and Ewoks cartoons.

6 Likes

No joke.

6 Likes

Is that Moebius?

1 Like

He’s going to walk K-9.

“Help, Nyssa, stop this crazy thing! Nyssa! Help! Nysssaaaaa!

5 Likes

Would love to see an actually accurate film adaptation of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein. Every version so far seems to have taken some weird creative liberties.

It’s not so much that I’m a stickler for accuracy, but rather, I think the book as-is (with some editing for length) would make a great movie.

4 Likes

Return to Wellsville: The Families of Pete & Pete

Bee & Puppycat & Owl House Season 3, Steven Universe Season 7

The Computer Chronicles 2023

Sci-Fi Buzz & FTL Newsfeed 2023

Night Flights again

Countless others

3 Likes