What Movie or Television Series Do You Not Like and Wish Never Existed

What film or television series do you not like and wish never existed? Popular, unpopular. Doesn’t matter. What rubs you the wrong way and has outstayed its welcome?

2 Likes

Teen Titans Go. More like Teen Titans Go Away! Why am I not surprised about the fact that the show’s almost 10 years old?! Too many immature humor, and these unnecessary talk about waffles…
And lastly, EVERY DISNEY SITCOMS SINCE 2012-ISH!!!

4 Likes

“What if the Simpsons, but annoying and not funny?”

17 Likes

Brace for THE most unpopular opinion in the history of pop culture:

Don’t like Cheers or Big Bang or That 70s Spew

Don’t like Buffy or anything else in the Whedonverse.

I cordially invite them all to go fry my hat.

6 Likes

I second on Cheers. I wish they didn’t know my name.

3 Likes

Keeping Up With the Kardashians

12 Likes

I dislike many shows, if only as their creation took actors or budget away from other that I actually liked.

While I perfered the original series and wasn’t happy when Go started, I must disagree because this…

was fun. And this…

was awesome.

Neither would have happened without Go.

4 Likes

… That’s fair. I think I said too much.

1 Like

Young Sheldon. And the show that preceded it. Both god-awful.

13 Likes

Star Trek Picard

Which ruins Trek and Picard at the same time

4 Likes

Not at all, and I respect your opinion.
Anything that spurs healthy discussion is a good thing.

3 Likes

Another pro-Teen Titans Go vote here. The episode where Robin teaches them about financing and mortgages is hilarious.

6 Likes

“Real Housewives of (Insert City Here)” They promote rudeness, bitchiness, hatefulness and generally anti-social behavior as a way of life.

9 Likes

I can’t agree on Buffy, I’m neutral on Cheers, but I am totally mystified by why people like TBBT. It’s my mom’s favorite show, and she’s not a moron or a psychopath, and I’m just baffled.

I can’t even hear the name TBBT without thinking of this:

12 Likes

It’s a stupid person’s idea of what smart people sound like.

10 Likes

See that’s what I don’t get. My mom is smart, I swear it! But she’s also a word person more than a number person – she taught English lit at West Point – and she’s not tech-hopeless by any means, but she’s no Silicon Valley nerd either. So while your explanation sounds very plausible, and might explain some of it, it doesn’t fit with the people I know.

Whenever she talks about it I just nod politely.

5 Likes

How I Met Your Mother. Why oh why is this loved? Someone help me to understand.

5 Likes

My wife loved that one. I can’t even watch shows with a laugh track so I don’t know why she found it so great, but the brief bits of it I saw didn’t impress me.

2 Likes

Buffy is one of those things which always sounded fine on paper but relentlessly crawled up my nose whenever I actually tried to watch. Every friend I had at the time yammering on and on about how fantastically amazing it was probably didn’t help, either.

Given the creepy vibe I often got from it (at moments when it thought it was being oh-so-empowering), I was also in no way surprised when the skeevy stuff about Whedon’s personal life came out.

3 Likes

I definitely find that if there’s a show I’m slightly negative on, that feeling tends to become more negative in proportion to how much it’s hyped. Like, shut up already, your show ain’t all that :roll_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes