What song do you have stuck in your head right now?

Yeah, I kind of did it to myself, but I blame that chicken-fried mofo from Bflo for reminding me of these guys in another thread.

Still, as a certified northerner, who has some gripes now and then, I’ve loved the way Billy Powell picked piano for a number of decades now.

But, yeah, I haven’t even thought of this tune in probably twenty years.

Stuck there now. Sheet. Maybe I can try to get some Wesley Willis in there…better…worse…same…

Nah, it’s fine.

3 Likes

Well, candy will stick to your teeth, and/or brain. :person_shrugging:

In an earlier era, the band would’ve been obligated to build a ten-minute jam session out of this ditty. lol

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Just heard a Rocky Mountain Mike parody on Stephanie Miller’s SiriusXM talk show.

1 Like

No, not THAT “Lean On Me”. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The OTHER one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like
2 Likes

2 Likes

They had more than one U.S. Top 100 hit. (I had no idea.) So, disqualified from One-Hit Wonderland. :person_shrugging:

Anyway, this goes out to the Twitch faithful. Hum it while you’re getting some fresh air and exercise, I guess…? :hugs:

2 Likes

So today at work I found out that one of my supervisors has Never Gonna Give You Up just… on his playlist. Because he unironically enjoys listening to it. I don’t disagree that it’s a good song, but having never listened to more than the first few bars before, only now do I understand why people complain about its catchiness. It’s been hours.

5 Likes

But if you try to play it, it plays “Together Forever” instead. Lateral Rickroll!

6 Likes
3 Likes

It’s not a whole song but for some reason I keep hearing Elton John singing “:notes:Hold me closer, Tony Danza…:notes:” and I want him singing it to you, too.

2 Likes

Terrible, awful, no-good, very bad week. I guess my brain is trying to correct for that…? Fine.

Not sure if that’s really the Three Dog Night guy singing, or a sound-alike. Either way, thanks vintage Sesame Street, for letting both kids AND adults laugh about love together. Again.

2 Likes

Already time-tossed in 1978, and now even moreso. Barry, you suave devil :grin: :rainbow_flag:

1 Like

music video dancing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 Like

Anita Baker

“With love so strong… and la de da dadity… Im giving you the best that I got…baby”

I guess i could Google the words lol

We love so strong and so unselfishly
And I tell you now that I made a vow
I’m giving you the best that I got, baby
Yes, I tell you now, that I made a vow
I’m giving you the best that I got, honey
Thats the right version.

1 Like
3 Likes

Mark from Rent is singing “To anyone out of the mainstream, is anyone in the mainstream?” over and over in my head. No idea why.

1 Like

I’m in the alternate universe in which Weird Al and the Doobie Brothers brought us:

“(Talkin’ 'bout) Cabot Cove”

R.I.P. Angela Lansbury

2 Likes