What song do you have stuck in your head right now?

3 Likes
3 Likes

Yesterday

3 Likes

This morning

3 Likes
3 Likes

Some song about a red car but not by a purple clad midget from Minnesota. No, this one’s from some guys from Canada.

2 Likes

From a better, vanished time?

3 Likes

Since last evening, since I might be called upon to play a tune on the piano with my nephews and sister+BIL and parents tonight. I only willingly play this one and Vince Guaraldi’s “Xmas Time is here,” and am displeased at being asked to accompany “rousing” group “sing-a-longs” for lesser tunes. Oh yeah, “Greensleeves” is pretty good to play too, but that’s my limit. Ain’t no jingle bell ess, mf.

I did play it a few times on the jukebox at a bar last night and got to demonstrate my wicked “air piano” skills (no, I can and do play it like Mac IRL, but regular people/civilians don’t understand how much of playing it is in letting the LH work the rhythm. The RH isn’t irrelevant, but it’s just a few simple principles in chord voicings and very few fills).

Fighting for control ATM?

https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=qLAagBQqxD0

No idea why Little Feat’s “Dixie Chicken” is fighting for control of my inner ear. Some guy did say sometime last week that he heard Chuck Leavell sit in for Bill Payne on piano live. And somebody probably played it on a jukebox or it was on a Pandora station.

Good luck getting those two MF tunes out of your ears!

5 Likes

Miss that country place and my uncle as well.

2 Likes

Doo lang doo lang doo lang.

Are they practicing handing out flyers?

2 Likes

Ah, Newfie 40’s Red Red Car.

Red, red, car, you cost me ten grand
I peel a lot of rubber with your wheel in my hand

2 Likes
4 Likes

I imagined this guy singing that song:

2 Likes

No, I have no idea why. Only in the past six months or so have I started playing AC/DC on the jukebox “with priority” (a whole credit more it costs!) to drown out some of the other crap one hears. Yeah, I knew about Angus Young, but I never listened to their records until recently.

Maybe this is like a midlife crisis, but less annoying than the dude in a tucked-in polo shirt who asks his daughter to introduce him to her friends.

Harmless anyway.

Still stuck in my head.

3 Likes

Ah , AC/DC. Headliners at the Last Great Rock Concert.

3 Likes

Dammit. Now that one (“Thunderstruck”) is stuck in my head.

Shillelagh! MF! Shillelagh cornhole!

Thanks a lot, you cornhole enthusiast!

NO!!!

I found a way to beat this ruse!

Now this is in my head. Probably for the next few weeks.

2 Likes

What about Angus Young?

3 Likes

He’s a brilliant player and creator! I put him right up there with Eddie Van Halen.

But with great skill comes the risk of earworming!

4 Likes

Dammit. I don’t know what prompted this, but, yes. No, I’m not snorting coke or drinking tequila, but maybe…never mind. You people are too young to understand!

It is legit stuck in my head.

Yes, I know the antidote, but I’ll allow it. Except for the loopy synth parts. Good tune.

8 Likes

“Peg” is the Steely Dan song I most often get stuck.

5 Likes