What's Going On at Work?

I just got laid off without any prior warning. Goodbye, remote job I loved.

1 Like

Wholy crap! That really sux!
That’s dispicable that companies can just discard you with no warning whatsoever! :rage:

2 Likes

!! I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you find something even better

1 Like

Agreed. I can apply for unemployment, but MAN I really loved my job and was really good at it. I’m devastated.

3 Likes

If anyone happens to know of a place looking for physicist/materials science engineers with an MBA and who are amazing working with clients directly, let me know.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that! You’ve had a rough couple of weeks; I hope the universe has some massively awesome breaks in store for you before too long.

2 Likes

Yeah, I really hope so too. Now I definitely can’t afford to treat any of my pets for any of their ailments. Unemployment is barely even going to cover bills. Fingers crossed this opens the doors for something amazing with way better pay and benefits.

2 Likes

Power just went out completely. And as it is 99 degrees and heat index 113deg right now, if it doesn’t come back on in 30min, we get sent home.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t wait… It’s gonna warm up fast in there :hot_face:

P.S. Could you free up the Memes thread once again please :grin:

2 Likes

Done.

We have a huge thunderstorm right now. That’s why the power’s out and that’s why we’re stuck for the moment.

2 Likes

I lost internet after lunch and can’t log into my laptop anymore (multifactor authentication)

RIP

2 Likes

Ugg. Take a few days before diving into a job hunt. That cuts deep if you loved it. Listen to your favorite couple of albums and watch some MST3K

4 Likes

Anxiety has me job-hunting already. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Next time whenever those dead beats come to you for a favor

1 Like

After 4 days off…

1 Like

Y’know what? I’ve decided this is an opportunity, not a tragedy. So there, universe.

3 Likes

Damn right!

2 Likes

Since we lost 2 hours of the workday yesterday to the power outage on an already short week, it’s a wee bit chaotic in the 'ol salt mines this morning.

1 Like

Woah, you work in a salt mine?!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Well, it’s not underground, but it sure gets salty around here. And we work in cubes. Are there such things as salt cubes? I know there are salt licks, but that’s not the same thing…

3 Likes