What's Going On at Work?

One more day, and then I get to enjoy my specially extended 2 day Christmas break.

Gotta love retail !

I do love my job, but the seasonal holidays kinda suck

4 Likes

Same for me, 1 more day… I plan on leaving early at 12pm tomorrow (which will officially wrap up the 2022 Christmas season at the post office) then I’m off for 4 days. YAY!!! :confetti_ball: :tada:

4 Likes

Surprisingly i only had to jump off 2 mail trucks this morning for dead batteries :battery: due to the bitter cold :cold_face:
I was expecting more but not complaining!

1 Like

A day behind on a short week because I had to make the emergency Roomie Pick Up Run, and I’m going on vacation starting next week, so I am scrambling like no one’s business. And of course with it being the end of the year, all the vendors are FREAKING OUT about everything having to be up to date RIGHT NOW RWROWR!

(Never mind that it’s impossible to be completely caught up on a year that’s not even over yet and that the invoicing for the last week won’t be all in until the middle of January at best…)

1 Like

Back at work and I get the run down on what’s been going on and what hasn’t been done and what needs to be done and yadayadayada… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
But first I need to do some postal I T work (because the dedicated tech is swamped with work at other post offices) … Swapping out desktops with laptops as well as setting up new printers and expandable monitors.
Because this is outside my normal work I should get a raise for the difference in pay but that’s a lot of red tape to get through so I won’t bother with it :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Without diving into details, my mental health is really taking a dive recently. Work isn’t making anything any better.

Without diving into details about that, the last straw was a threatening message I received at the office.

I slept for over twelve hours last night. I don’t know if it’s the weather, the storm we had here or what, but I’m really going through it at the moment, which is why I haven’t been super active here recently. My energy to do anything has been absolutely drained and I am taking all the rest and downtime I can get.

4 Likes

No need to share anything beyond what you want share.
But take care of yourself, rest when you can and if you want we’re here for venting when needed.

Stay strong my friend.

3 Likes

So I’ve already locked in my vacation time for next year and along comes the senior redneck custodian saying he just put in the same week in May that I had already locked in…
Maintenance and custodians use the same leave calendar and the postmaster already told us that there cannot be 2 people off at the same time so now there’s a chance I could get bumped out of my vacation that week because of his seniority :rage:
I got news for both of them, I will be going on my vacation as plans have already been made and reservations paid for so they will just have to deal with it :angry:

And my coworker decided to work her new years holiday which is tomorrow (Saturday) so i won’t have a laid-back workday :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
I’m seriously thinking of using a sick day on Tuesday since Monday is our holiday to extend my holiday weekend to 4 days…

2 Likes

So the idiot postmaster sent an email to the supervisor that i have some required training that must be completed by the end of the year… at 11am! :roll_eyes:
One of these training modules is Heat Stress… In the middle of Winter… :person_shrugging:

1 Like

They haven’t caught on yet that I actually have never really known what’s going on at work, and now I can retire knowing that I never really knew what I was doing either :slight_smile:

4 Likes

4 days in a row off from New Year’s to Wednesday after increased hours for November and December and my weekends are back off.

2 Likes

By burning off a couple days of personal time I’ve only worked 2 days out of the last 10.

Back to the grind tomorrow. No more days off until Presidents Day.

2 Likes

1 Like

A customer said they were sending me a screenshot. They sent me a picture of their computer screen they took with their phone. :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

I get this from co-workers ALL the time. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I think one of my call outs to send out a wave of drivers raised a few eyebrows the other day:

“Yank the string and crank the thing!” (The idea was like a lawn mower or outboard boat engine starting up).

Well, HR wasn’t around, so it was fine!

Not the worst phrasing I’ve come up with, not by a long shot!

1 Like

Makes me think of having to cut the lawn at my parents place and reminds me why I bought a townhouse where the lawns are common property and maintained by the strata.

1 Like

Been setting up hazmat staging areas for mailable and non mailable packages, 1 behind the customer lobby and 1 in the dispatch area.
Another project from our illustrious postmaster that technically should be done by the clerks but no one seemed to know how to set it up… :roll_eyes:
Also a lot of parcels have been coming in all week. Turns out several trailers were ‘found’ at the distribution center that were finally unloaded and now we’re getting bombarded with late Christmas parcels…
I blame the postmaster general for his continued sabotage of the USPS :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

So rumor has it that the postmaster is going out for knee surgery as early as next week and she will go onto FMLA (Family Medical Leave Authorization) until she’s scheduled to retire in May.
She’s been calling everyone back to her office this week one on one giving them petty projects to do or work on but not mentioning anything about going out for surgery. Like anyone is going to deviate from their normal routine just to work on something that won’t make any difference in our jobs whatsoever :roll_eyes:
As the saying goes ‘Hear All, Believe Nothing’ until it actually happens so we shall see…

2 Likes

Well, for once, here’s an amusing tale:

Yesterday, as I was smoking a cig waiting for my rideshare to get finished taking a dump or whatever he does after quitting time to drop me off at a bar after work, this kinda cute gal walked by and said “I was auditing today, and I have to say your handling of the traffic in the drivelane was spectacular! Amazing!”

No sh…inola, that’s what she said. Yeah, I mean, I know I’m good, but I never turned down a compliment yet.

Never heard the words “spectacular” and “amazing” addressed to me, though. At least not in flattering terms.

3 Likes