What's Going On at Work?

I miscalculated and overachieved on my deadline, and the code is tested, but nothing’s getting delivered until next Wednesday, so I get to chill a bit. Weird.

No I’m not mentioning it.

3 Likes

But are they the crawling kind?

3 Likes

This is the danger of sending dry eyeballs. The slush for the slushier eyeballs is there to keep them from escaping. :wink:

2 Likes

I remember reading that pregnant mare urine is where they get most of the estrogen used in birth control pills. So that I can understand.

No idea why normal mare urine would be shipped in quantities large enough where it would get assigned it’s own number.

1 Like

This thread has taken a weird turn…lmao!

1 Like

Just some piddling going on :laughing:

1 Like

Eh, we got a late truck arrival with 3K parcels on it…haven’t had one of those in a while. Thrilling excitement! Meh, I left early after grabbing a coffee and a handful of electrolyte powder packets.

It’s possible that maybe a handful seasonal hires will quit! Nah, probably not. They should, though! We don’t take kindly to strangers 'round these parts, and they about as strange as a one-legged caterpillar and half as useful.

Breaking news! Back-half Process Assistant continues to be useless, unreliable, and incompetent! Good thing I only have to see him once a week. He’s a stain on the rug…no good.

1 Like

For mares who need a urine transfusion.

2 Likes

I cannot wait to get out of here today and go on vacation!
My bossy coworker is still barking orders at me, city carriers being ornery, postmaster with her stupid projects…
Believe it or not, I actually like my job. Maintenance is probably the best job to have in the post office because it’s the least stressful job of them all; clerks, city & rural carriers, even management. But when they come to me with their issues, everything must come to a screeching halt and be dealt with right here right now! I really need a break from this adult daycare :face_exhaling:

4 Likes

Right as I’m getting ready to clock out for lunch, i get stopped by the rural supervisor about some work orders that needed to be faxed up… Had to call my bossy coworker to find out what she did with them. Then she goes on asking about stuff that still needed to be done… :man_facepalming:
Then the senior clerk tells me they have 56 lock changes that need to be done! I’m leaving for vacation at 1:30pm there’s no way I can get that done in 45 minutes!! Why wasn’t this brought up earlier in the week when i had time?? :person_shrugging:
Sorry but piss poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!
I’m out until May 22

2 Likes

1 Like

Doing my practicum and got a visit at preschool this week. I was nervous but the professor who watched me said I did awesome, especially my child engagement.

4 Likes

Wow. A total of three, maybe four, people at work today who actually are “good” workers…which, by the way, is not some fantastic achievement. It’s actually pretty easy to do even the bare minimum, which would have been just fine.

A lot of our good people were out for mother’s day (naturally, two of them are mothers themselves)…it’s no secret at my worksite that many of the best workers happen to be women. Their presence was missed!

The sarcasm was strong with me over the radio. “Just in case people didn’t know, there are bunch of empty carts outside. Why is that?”

“The cart reservoir near bay door three is full. Is there a reason for that?”

“Just one cart left inside, CX51, waiting to hear its location outside. Never mind, the driver is getting it himself. All routes out, fifteen minutes on the clock. Good job.”

Oh, yes, and my patented “death stare”: unfocus the eyes and just look straight through people.

So what? I am more than capable of being a real donkeyhole! But those targets of my ire aren’t even human beings: I can say or do whatever I want to them. Doesn’t matter one bit.

1 Like

Hmmm…my big boss asked me to identify which of our “team” was not cutting the mustard, to get to the root of why things weren’t getting done despite our having been overstaffed today.

No, I couldn’t manage to rat anybody out by name…but it is should be obvious that about four or five people are actually carrying every one of the rest of those feebs, every day and twice on Sunday.

I did get to yell out at top volume “FULL CART!!! MOVE!!!” coming out bay door one, fixing somebody else’s mistake.

It was effective, and is technically standard approved procedure. Maybe not the “MOVE!” part…that was my own contribution!

2 Likes

Right now, my wife and I are moving from Austin to Houston in a month. It seems like she found a job. I’ve yet to get an interview. I feel like a failure but I’m hopeful…because I gotta be.

At my current place of employment, I pissed off the CEO because I took a break and had to stop my machine because he left it running and I needed to catch up on a pile that was left in my absence. Then they added another person to “help” me but we just get in each other’s way slowing us down when the company can’t make our numbers. It’s an utter cluster-frigg.

4 Likes

You are more than your job

Sorry for yelling I just really feel like we all gotta internalize that message a lot more than we do
:hugs:

4 Likes

Exhibiting superheroics to accomplish a task made silly by someone else’s crap planning will always always result in expectations of repeat performances. It doesn’t seem to matter if it’s a start-up or a ahem “mature” org, there’s always some upwardly mobile dink with an agenda trying to score points by checking a box earlier than last time.

5 Likes

100 percent!

2 Likes

So my next trick will be performing them, but not exhibiting them, and then sandbagging Jimmy Olsen until the actual planned milestone when it will suddenly be done as expected by everyone but him. Cram it, Cornjob.

3 Likes

Hmmm…walked into work today, saw the horde of tools, along with some actually good people.

Just turned around and clocked out.

Not worth it to babysit those worthless t***s. Let the manager deal with it, and let my coworkers do the EJD punishment.

Damn. I took a shower and everything!

No mistake, Jen’s going to complain to me via FB msgr a bit, in sympathy, but I was in no mood to be labor shared to UTR while useless slobs like Jasmin or Will or Eli or GirlMax had yet again more chances to cause injuries to themselves or others while everyone else carried them.

Nope. I’ll pitch in whenever, wherever, but not this morning.

I did put in my “reason for time off”: “explosive diarrhea.” I mean, that’s the default, isn’t it? Is for me, anyway!

2 Likes