What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Maybe.

But I almost feel the frustration.

Gripe? After work I had to listen to some out-of-towner with his durpy dog, and his r…iduclous attempts to “bond” with a fellow barstool holder.

Ridiculous.

Antigripe? I can get away with gossipping with my gals within earshot of Area Managers.

Examples?

“Oh, don’t worry about it. Jeanette will get it.”

“I’m now moving at speeds approaching ‘Jerry’”

And so many more.

Over the two-way, “Hey, Jerry, your last cart goes out to spot five (or whatever). Thanks!”

But, to continue with anti-gripe, I’ve learned that telling people in a helpful manner what they should do is good.

Over the two-way radio is good. “Hey, we have Echo 19 and I see Jeanette not doing that. CX67, position please, and I’ll take care of it.”

But, also anti-gripe, me and my gals are mercilesss about gossip. Funny enough, it’s mostly the gals who actually do stuff, in addition to me, so we get along fine. Have been for years.

/* Edit: some context. At work early, as everyone should be, and buzz is “Jerry’s name tag is not on the board!” Indiscriminate chatter among me and two coworkers, “Did he get fired?” And one of my gals asked a supervisor who said, apparently, “No, he’s not here!”

Trust me, we were like “Did he get fired?” “Did he die?” “Did he kill himself?”

Grim stuff, but we were giving each other high fives and super happy.

No. He showed up.

I had some choice words for Sharena for getting my hopes up.

We are not good people!

1 Like

I’m so sorry you have to deal with that. One of my uncles has dementia and I can’t imagine how awful it would be if people were not treating him right.

4 Likes

I have a Worst Convo Ever Overheard At A Bar Story but alas, it’s not appropriate for this website. However, whenever I hear Too Much by mistake now, I just remind myself that it’s not THAT bad as that… old thing was. :trophy:

1 Like

Well…that’s not…it’s not…not…not…

You’re making my skull explode!

Stop it!

My gripe?

Yeah!

Damned right! Spill it, and damn the rules!

1 Like

NEVER!!

I still hope to get my name back in the show credits someday. :wink:

3 Likes

My turn. (Not, “My tern.”
Terns
Trying to keep a sense of humour.)
I just spent an hour calming myself down after nearly (once again) being wiped off the face of the earth by one of my own neighbours. I can never tell if it’s homophobia (happy Pride month?), people being violently classist in an overheatedly gentrified area, or if people are just miserable and trying to destroy each other, but this happens often.
Walking down a quiet side street, admiring the scent of the lindens, nice lady across the street walking her dog who’s doing its business, a man on a bike with no lights, flying downhill ( I think with an electric assist?) doing at least 50kmph (~30mi) saw me, made eye contact, jumped up on the sidewalk right in front of me, and nearly ran me right over. I backed into a bush and he missed me, but I yelled a few choice words as he flipped the bird.
Nice lady across the street still just staring. It was dark and I couldn’t see her face, but the streetlights reflected on her glasses like Marcie from Peanuts, I knew she saw it all. I yelled over at her, “Did you see that?!” She didn’t respond for a moment which further enraged me, thinking she was ignoring the whole thing. Then she, apparently shocked, shrieked, “THAT WAS INSANE!!” At least I had a witness.
I then explained to her what I will explain to you: This happens to me all the time. The reason I was walking after 11pm was because when I go out in the day, there are people out there, and my new neighbours, who renovicted all my former friends and neighbours (who accepted me as an equal and valuable member of my community) typically body-check me off the sidewalk into on-coming traffic (common), command their unleashed dogs to “sick” me (three times in two months this past spring), or steer their cars into me on the sidewalk, middle fingers extended, mouthing f-bombs and accelerating enough to rev the engine over (has happened twice).
She said she was so, so sorry to hear that, as I’m sure many of you will also add, since, I don’t really know any of you, but at the same time, I kind of know all of you, you’re MSTies, and regardless of what group you belong to or what your beliefs are, by and large we treat each other with basic respect and dignity. I don’t want sorry. I don’t want any more sorries. I don’t want any more reasons to say sorry in this context. It needs to stop happening.
All I can ask is that you do whatever you can in your power to stop perpetuating harm and think about others in your decisions. We all live here, together. You’re not going to wipe me off of the planet I deserve to live on, so you might as well get used to it and smile and wave instead of literally bumping your neighbours off for your, I don’t know what they get from it, entertainment? Twisted.
Time for another cup of chamomile. Take care and stay safe out there, all! :heart:

5 Likes

I’m so very sorry for your loss!!!

I’m sure Gobi loved you and knew how much you loved him.

All the Internet hugs you want/need.

4 Likes

Three outlets in two different rooms just stopped working last night, including the one with the router and modem (and as I was setting up for a video call, this caused consternation and the hurried stringing of extension cords). So I’m flipping circuit breakers and everything at midnight last night, and nada. So I have to call on that.

I leave at noon tomorrow to be out of town for 4 days, and because of extenuating circumstances, I have packed nothing. This is not like me. I also have to put in an emergency grocery order because we don’t have something I thought we did.

I have to move ALL of the plants to the accessible patio so the plantsitter can water them; dunno how I’m going to get the 30 lb tomato container all the way through the house. Brute force, I guess.

Insanely busy work day.

But on the plus side, the stabbing pain in the ball of my right foot is down to a dull ache…guess it’s time to drop another $100+ on new shoes.

But outside of that…Everything is Awesome!

7 Likes

@LadyStarblade
Re: Moving your tomatoes

4 Likes

My gripe:

Can’t get the lug nuts to budge with the tiny wrench I have (not pictured, but it is about 8-in.).
AAA will rescue us eventually.

Update: Rescued. Will get the tire assessed/repaired tomorrow.

9 Likes

I know I already griped about this, but damn is this thing a giant, disgusting PITA.

And I just love it when I get the tube caught on something and yank it. That only hurts a massive amount. I do that 3 to 4 times a day.

3 Likes

My bro had to wrangle one of those after his recent abdominal surgery, and on a very long list of things that sucked about the whole experience, I’m pretty sure that thing made the top 5. Hope you get to part ways with it ASAP.

4 Likes

Me too, but I think it’s going to be a while. I’ve had it in since the 21st and they say it will come out when the fluid is less than 25 ml a day. It’s not even 11 am and I’ve already drained 75 ml of disgusting fluid.

At least work is understanding. They are letting me work from home through this.

5 Likes

Better out than in, I guess.

4 Likes

He definitely knew, and we were with him until the very last breath so he wasn’t ever alone at the end. Thanks my friend. Gonna be sad for awhile probably, but as death goes, we really did this as right as possible.

Thank goodness for a community viewing party on Friday with a randomly selected vault pick. :heart:

4 Likes

@Kevin_Ouellette
Jebus! That is insane! I’d start carrying something long and bonk-y! Stay safe! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Oh no! Not the Subie! :sob:

2 Likes

This is a good reminder for us Americans who envision Canada as a sort of progressive paradise (a fact I am often guilty of, a sort of wishful thinking that somewhere not too far away is A Good Place). Once I would have been naive enough to ask if you’d called the police, but now I’m old enough to know what the police are really for, and protecting you ain’t it.

So I’ll keep my sorries and my well-meaning suggestions to myself and just say that I hope karma truly is a bitch to the people who do these things. (I wish I truly believed that but sometimes hope is all we’ve got)
:purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Today’s gripe is about the growing list of things in the new house that the previous owner either neglected, or did in a half-a$$ed manner.

Por ejemple, it’s almost a hundred years old, the floors have sagged an inch or two here and there. Do you: A) stick a jack in the basement and straighten that shiz up so the doors will close, or B) plane that inch or two off the door so that it closes, but makes it look like you live in a Tim Burton movie?

6 Likes

Does living in a Tim Burton movie not align with your plans?

4 Likes