What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Yes, it was Delta. Up to now, I’ve had very few problems with them. But this is very unpleasant.

1 Like

Christmas is still nearly three months away. That’s long enough for them to change it a few more times.

4 Likes

True enough. Maybe it will change it for the better although I won’t hold my breath waiting for that.

3 Likes

Speaking of moving times… My new neurologist who I haven’t even met yet moved my appointment from next week until May 15 and they said, “well just get your GP to keep up your medications.” I’m glad my current GP is sympathetic and didn’t tell me I had to talk to a neurologist to get my medication like the GP I had before her.

4 Likes

Dentist appointment 9am then my 4th COVID shot afterwards. Awesome!
Bring on the morning pain :confounded:
At least I’m out of work for the rest of the day :grimacing:

1 Like

I commiserate. I get my COVID booster and flu shot today. Sore arms for a few days. No dentist though- I talked about my issues with that above.

1 Like
Sadly it was less about the few toxic posts, which site management allowed to remain.

Historically speaking, the situation was that if you admitted to being a member of a group that such posts were toxic about, you were admonished for being political (i.e. breaking forum rules). If you countered the still-visible toxic post with even reasoned examples to the contrary, you were adminished seemingly for attacking the toxic forum member and/or creating a toxic environment.

I have not noticed this recently. Hopefully the situation has improved, and hopefully not only because members of marginalized groups have given up and permanently left the forum.

5 Likes

But I did actually come to this thread to gripe about something. Halloween season is near upon us, a delightful time of year, and I’ve been going through TV listings to see what “spooky” movies are on offer. Usually there are lots of great classics. But unfortunately there exist some awful, awful remakes, too. (I don’t mind so much the awful originals. :slight_smile: )

The gripe is that often these listings do not include the movie’s year or actor information, so I have no idea which version I’ll be subjected to.

5 Likes

My gripe, I guess, is that this is bound to happen again. Hopefully it will be the drive-by OP troll that feels unwelcome this time, but it rarely turns out that way, since unhappy reactions are their reward.

4 Likes

Covid appt had to be rescheduled for tomorrow morning at 8:30am :angry:
Return to the dentist for unfinished dental work afterwards at 9:30am :rage:
2 days in a row for Morning Pain! PERFECT!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

1 week to go before our road trip to Norfolk, VA (October 5) where we’re catching a cruise to Bermuda (October 6). A long time friend of mine was interested in going to Williamsburg, VA while we’re on the boat so he offered to drive and I offered to cover his hotel stay for one night and said he could use our minivan to take to Williamsburg ( so we don’t have to pay parking fees) and then come pick us up when we return (October 10) and drive us home.
Well, now he’s thinking about bringing his aging 14-15 year old fat chihuahua and a pet friendly room is an extra $150 which he said he would cover at first but we’re still working out a deal on a chest freezer and he said he may consider the pet friendly fee as payment… :neutral_face:
Then just now he called me with a ‘great idea’… He said instead of taking our minivan, we could rent a vehicle that he would cover (between $350-$400 total) for the time we were there and I said I already put new tires on the van (over $400 total) and was already strapped covering the hotel and he said he would pay for the rental car. My wife was like “Why does he want to waste money on a rental car when ours is Free, just pay for gas!” I agreed with her. I’ve been working on getting this van ready for the 6 hour one-way road trip for a while now and I don’t want to just let it sit for a rental. He says it would save on wear and tear which I agree but he could use that money for the cabin he’s renting and for other excursions. This is also the same friend that his brain is fried from a lot of pot back in the day and he’s forgetful and scatter-brained nowadays so it’s difficult for him to stay focused.
Honestly, we’re just trying to stay focused on getting there and enjoying our vacation! We don’t want to consider other options at his expense which could possibly become an unintended expense like the pet-friendly fee! After this trip I seriously doubt we will coordinate together and go with him on another excursion :unamused:

9 Likes

My gripe is that I haven’t been griping for a while because my gripes are too big to be considered gripes.

But I still read through them when I have a strong enough constitution to handle more bad news! I’m sorry to hear of all the illnesses of people and puppykitties, and you know I wish them the quickest and fullest recoveries, but as is apparent, sometimes things just get worse. ALL the hugs to my Forum Family.

wyswysia, thank you for this! [quote=“wyswysia, post:4900, topic:16863”]
I reached out to Amanda Gregory
[/quote] I miss them, and have been sad and worried in the back of my mind about it, but didn’t interact enough before to not feel creepy reaching out to them now. Glad to know they’re fine and focusing on the big degree! Honestly, I can sometimes relate, as I can’t even mention most of my serious gripes without risking being flagged or banned. Things were better before we were all shredded to pieces like mozzarella on a pizza.

GIF by Pottencial Seguradora S.A.

5 Likes

Work will make me miss the livestream tomorrow.

3 Likes

Grrr… will everyone please stop using the word “iconic” as a synonym for “notable”?

7 Likes

That’s an iconic thing to say.

5 Likes

At least there seem to be fewer people using “ironic” to describe things that really aren’t.

Now let’s talk about “literally.”

7 Likes

… irregardless.

5 Likes

I was literally just going to say that.

4 Likes

Major TDS issues today (see also the "What’s going on at work thread) have me nervous about my ability to watch tonight’s live stream.

4 Likes

Can we stop saying “I feel nauseous” when we are feeling nauseated?

7 Likes