What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Yeah, my kids, interestingly enough like making “mix tapes” (with CDs).

I have a bunch of vinyl and look to inherit a bunch more.

There’s something about the lack of convenience that makes it more of an event, to sit down a listen to a record.

3 Likes

Last time I was in Target there was more space allocated for vinyl records than DVDs and Blu-Rays, how insane it that?

I’ve still got a Blu-Ray burner in my PC, probably will have to hold onto that PC for a while since new cases don’t have external drive bays anymore. Forcing my next PC build to be completely with new parts.

I’ve got Blu-Ray players hooked up to both my sound systems since I use them for my 2 TVs (both the players and the sound systems), so haven’t had a stand alone CD player since the 90s.

And I’ve got a few discs in my collection, this isn’t even all of them:

I should get a shot of my living room, with the 1920s victrola next to the modern AV stuff there’s 100 years of media represented on one side of the room.

4 Likes

Further furniture griping:

Well, Ashley missed yet ANOTHER scheduled delivery today (the fourth time!)

So I called the nearest Ashley store and found out 2 things: the color furniture I ordered has been discontinued and Ashley doesn’t even deliver to my geographical area! But would Ashley customer service tell me either of those things? Noooooooooo. They’ve only had THREE MONTHS.

Sheesh.

So I went to my local furniture store and they happened to have the style I wanted in a color I won’t hate, so I ordered from them and canceled the order from Ashley. (Before you ask, I did go to them first but, at the time, the only color they had in the style I wanted was black, and that was a definite no.)

So I won’t be celebrating Turkey Day lolling on my new sofa, as I had hoped, and it probably won’t be here before I retire next week, but hopefully I can give up these plastic chairs sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

The death of physical media has been lamented for years, I don’t see it happening anytime soon. It’s like fusion energy: perpetually 10 years away. There’s still tons of money to be made off it, so while it may not be quite as prevalent as it once was, I don’t see it going away.

Not sure what’s up with the imbalance of Region 2 discs, but if you’re inclined to buy and rip them, you’ll get better quality. PAL vs. NTSC, about 30 additional lines of vertical resolution. I’ve done this with several titles and it looks good.

2 Likes

Since we’re posting pics of DVD collections, Behold my MST3K collection (taken in June, 2009):

8 Likes

Yes, that is. With Jane Seymour, Ian McKellan and Anthony Andrews. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will also raise a hand to this!

4 Likes

Have a vcr and BR player hooked up to the tv I’m watching now?

Used the BR player to watch some B5 dvds recently?

Oh, and some old MST3K not available here… yet…

1 Like

Hooray. I have a kidney stone.

2 Likes

Cripes… sorry, @FlyingSquid. You take care out there, brother.

2 Likes

Daaaaamn… my Asperger’s just stood up and saluted!

Please tell me you still have this collection (and have been able to add K01 and K02 since they appeared in the wild after the first Kickstarter).

2 Likes

We currently have 3 DVD players hooked up to 2 teevees. Both teevees also each has a VCR hooked up to it (as part of a DVD/VCR combo).

Plus we have 4 tape decks, 3 turntables, and 4 CD players in various places around the house.

1 Like

Yes & Yes (pic taken tonight) :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Now I want to know where you found Max Headroom on DVD!

2 Likes

Have a friend that I’ve been trying to get to talk to on the phone for… 6 months??? Sigh. Thought that they were calling today… but they text back that I didn’t confirm it would be a good time… sigh.

I just want to talk to my friend.

I’m pathetic and lonely.
Sigh

2 Likes

eBay I think… It’s been years since I got that set.

I had forgotten how bad that show was :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Thankfully, it passed at around 1:30 this morning, but it was not a fun weekend. Oh well, at least now I know what a kidney stone feels like (not pleasant).

7 Likes

People are scattering and I can’t keep up.

I “have” to be on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Mastodon, Hive, and havens knows what else and I do not have the time to keep up and updated with all of them. Sad that I’m starting to lose touch with people.

/end gripe

Oh, and I’m glad you’re doing better, @FlyingSquid! My dad often had kidney stones and they are a real rimshot pain.

5 Likes

This was my first. Pain started at 3 am Sunday and just got worse and worse until I went to the ER on Monday afternoon and got an X-ray and a CT scan. Apparently it was a small one. 1 mm. They gave me fentanyl and it still didn’t get rid of the pain (although it helped). So glad that’s over.

4 Likes

Grateful to hear that you’ve gotten through it and that you’re on your way to feeling better, @FlyingSquid.

3 Likes