What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Let’s a seeeee

4 Likes

The wife wanted little Caesars pizza for lunch but I would have to drive across town to pick them up. I wasn’t really in the mood for pizza nor driving across town…
Told her to place the order online and I’d pick it up through their pizza portal. She went to place the order but their website said no orders could be placed until after 3pm so guess who’s not getting pizza and is now perturbed :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

:tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

And a very happy birthday out that-a-ways to ya!

5 Likes

Car battery died for the second time in a week. Probably need a new one. Waiting on AAA and wandering the store trying to calculate whether too much time has passed for the dealership to pay for that

4 Likes

After 40 back pokes (in lovely groups of 10) and 12 arm pokes this afternoon, the answer is… just a minor tree pollen allergy. Which doesn’t explain my symptoms from July-March. Even the allergist was a bit confounded. At least we get to keep the cats. :smile_cat:

8 Likes

Every morning, the Jazz station plays Astrud Gilberto and every morning it’s like waking up to a slice of cold, unbuttered white toast. [yawn]

Clara Nunes, Elza Soares, Nara Leao, Maria Bethania, Marlui Miranda… For the love of Dog there are OTHER WAY MORE INTERESTING Brazilian voices you could greet me with damn it!

2 Likes

I’m just gonna say: Wow, did the birthday setting really have to be so far down? Like, it is probably way farther down than anyone could’ve expected

2 Likes

I didn’t realize I was out of refills on my pills and Kroger didn’t tell me for a week. So, because I’m almost out, I emailed and called my doctor over the last three days. Today I email again because I’ve heard nothing and the nurse calls and says it’s the first she’s heard of it! I like my doctor, but this is nuts.

1 Like

I did that with my VA dr because my blood pressure medication was down to 5 tablets and they overnighted a bottle. Then over the course of a week 4 more bottles showed up so i just combined them into 1.
Um… I think I’m supplied for most of the year now thanks :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Several of my pills (including the one I am almost out of) are neurological in nature due to a nerve disorder and it is a really bad idea to just stop taking them, so I am glad this got worked out.

4 Likes

Two of the other message boards I regularly frequent have announced they’re shutting up shop in the next few months. This place better not go anywhere or I’ll be reduced to doomscrolling Twitter all the time, and I don’t think my MH will take that.

5 Likes

My friend and I killed off a bottle of wine while finishing Schitts Creek, then for some reason I threw on The Dark Knight before I went to bed.

:grimacing::face_with_spiral_eyes::flushed:

I didn’t sleep very well due to dreams and I don’t know if there’s enough coffee in the world right now.

5 Likes

So, you’re literally up Schitt’s Creek :open_mouth:

7 Likes

I saw your chilaquiles in the cooking thread; glad to know you’re taking appropriate disaster relief measures!

2 Likes

I mean, is there any better “hangover breakfast?” I think not! :laughing:

1 Like

Yesterday, instead of having my expected 8 hour day (which ended up being almost 8 straight hours of work with no break for the first 6 hours), I ended up with a 14 hour day when the student employee who was supposed to do the evening laser shows ended up getting sick. The worst thing is that I don’t know if I’ll have to do that again today. If the student is still sick…then, it’s me again. My coworker is on vacation this week so there’s no one else who can run the laser shows.

3 Likes

Oh, an intestinal bug of some sort. How nice.

2 Likes

My dog has a Hitler mustache.

3 Likes

My mom’s on a business trip to Baltimore for the weekend. While she’s away, I had to take care of my family’s dog: Cookie. Things’ve been very tough. Because he’s more affectionate towards my mom, he wouldn’t listen to me or my younger sister. He didn’t eat any breakfast or dinner, take his medication, and worst of all, he threw up.

2 Likes

Cookie may be anxious with his favorite person away. He’ll eat when he’s ready.

Medicine might be a problem… any chance he likes cheese? If he’s a little gullible (probably not exactly the appropriate term) you might sneak it past him wrapped up in cheese. Assuming he’ll take it from you.

1 Like