What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

I remember those from the times I’ve been down south. Horrific. That’s why I will only visit the South. It’s not the culture, it’s the palmetto bugs.

2 Likes

And they’re clumsy-ass flyers as well! They crash into walls, windows, ceiling fans, and more…
My wife never experienced these living in Pittsburgh and she freaks out when she sees one flying across the room :rofl: A good electric racket will usually do the trick on individual Palmetto bugs :joy:

2 Likes

This was tickling my brain…it has a kind of One Crazy Summer/Better Off Dead feel to it, but I don’t think that’s right.

I did a quick search and I only found one reference to it on the web which was similar and said “kudos to anyone who gets the joke”.

Heh. Another club I’m not a part of. :cry:

2 Likes

The previous few posts are a major reason why I never want to live in a warm climate. I would be more willing to live in Barrow, Alaska than in the southern U.S.

3 Likes

People. Just… People. Not you folks mind you, I mean people. You know the ones. :rofl:

8 Likes

I gripe that we haven’t yet discovered a way to train carpenter bees to do our woodworking tasks.

4 Likes

9 Likes

here are some bugs I met in Florida

3 Likes

Or at least make us inexpensive wind instruments.

2 Likes

Strange bugs are just friends you haven’t 'et.

3 Likes

Actually I believe we have both those giant water bugs and giant yellow garden spiders here as well :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Probably.

Can I post a routine, ordinary gripe about a former lover? Very annoying: blocking me on FB and on phone? There are very few reasons to do that, and, for once, it has nothing to do with me initiating or continuing contact.

But, I was pleased to see a few women today who happen to be women. Not romantic or sexuated, as in un corps sexué, but in at least one case, could be a closer friend irl. Whereas as of a week or so ago I would have said “no, no, no, no, and hell no.” But she’s OK.

What am I, rebound-man? I don’t care. I still do it. And, yes, implied there is gripe against myself for having become a caricature or a self-parody.

Ess. I’m just glad to be able to finally get some sleep after that last one. No good. I’ll choose a better one next time, but, TBH, I’ll just end up with the next woman who knows how to play.

Gripe? I actually miss her. A little bit. Not enough, but it’s enough.

3 Likes

I also would like to gripe about “people!” Currently wearing my “I hate everyone and pants” shirt! :rofl:

3 Likes

jerry | GIF | PrimoGIF

5 Likes

Stray cats! I thought I mentioned this before but I can’t find it…
There’s at least 3 strays probably from college students that abandoned them and are showing up around my house now!
I mean wtf can’t people take care of their animals or at least take them to a shelter instead of abandoning them :angry:

4 Likes

A combo of excitement and gripe…

My 15 year old adopted nephew is a fine soccer player. I’ve seen him play. He’s good. Potential to be very good, maybe even great. He lives in the middle-of-nowhere Alabama, and we’ve invited him to come up to our area this summer for a week-long Elite Academy striker camp with our local professional team. He is super stoked and everyone thinks it would be a great opportunity.

But his mom is resisting. He’s her baby (the first of her three) and she’s all super nervous about letting him come up here on his own without her; she’s chaperoned all of his school trips and I don’t think they’ve been separated for more than 1 or 2 days his entire life. She’s a good mom and I get her anxiety, but he’s 15, a good kid, and frankly, I think it would be AMAZING if he got to do this for himself and be free from his parents and younger siblings if only for a week.

We have a few weeks to persuade her that he’s going to be just fine, we’ll look after him, and this is great for his future, so I’m exerting all my patience and persuasion to make this happen…and hopefully not break and scream “STOP WORRYING SO MUCH, IT’S FINE!!!” :joy: Thankfully, we’ve got Grandma on our side, so that helps a lot!

8 Likes

Re-watching this show makes me want to throttle everyone in it. It’s possible I’ve lived too long and seen too much. I mean, I still laugh but not for the same reasons I did 25 years ago.

6 Likes

I’m watching it for the first time, and though I laugh, man, I want to smack most of these people with a 2x4. Especially George.

4 Likes

My only consolation is knowing that if the show had continued Covid would’ve finished him off in its first month. :black_heart:

3 Likes

My left hip and right calf are hurting today.
I did hyper extended my left leg a few days ago so I know why my calf hurts.
No idea why my left hip joint is hurting.

Getting old is just great…NOT!

5 Likes